No announcement yet.

The Assassination of Jesse James by ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Assassination of Jesse James by ...

... the Coward Robert Ford

I missed that movie last year - didn't show long enough over here, and was longing for the DVD-release ! Last night I rented it, got a glass of good wine and pushed PLAY ! ...
    ... 133 minutes later I thought:
    "Wow ! If Bob Ford hadn't shot Jesse James in 1882, and if he (Jesse) had made it to survive till now, he would have died of boredom watching this movie !!!
    But I guess, some of you guys watched that movie, too ... and liked it ?
    Franx
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

I saw it in the cinema, went to the 11pm showing, there were 5 other people there, in a place big enough for 350...It was over at like 2am or something

Anyways, I enjoyed it IMMENSELY, such a sombre and macabre feel to every shot, really really good acting too.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I haven't watched it yet. Maybe I'll watch it tonight.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        ... really really good acting too.
        I agree on that ! Good acting. And maybe I should have seen the movie on a big screen; I just thought, it was a bit too much of "slow" and "easy" how they developed the story.
        uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

That movie was shot here. They shut down the Exchange Distrtict here (historic buildings in the downtown area), covered the streets with dirt and viola - late 19th centry Montana! It was an amazing transformation. The city was all quivering over Brad Pitt. There was a lot of wet panties around.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
          X