Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I expect any results from an eBay/PayPal dispute claim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I expect any results from an eBay/PayPal dispute claim?

I won an auction for a fretless bass from an established eBayer who had 100% positive feedback, back on 2/15. I did the BIN and paid via PayPal. No response since then, despite several messages via eBay and several direct emails also. I find it hard to believe that someone like that would risk their immaculate feedback over a $170 auction, but unless the guy died, there's no excuse for this.

Has anyone successfully resolved an issue like this using the eBay/PayPal dispute resolution process?
    sigpic

About a year ago, I bought a replica sword from the movie 300 from eBay. The acution stated that a plaque was included with the sword. When it arrived, there was no plaque, just the sword. I emailed the seller and he said that he was out of the plaques but expected a new shipment to arrive in a few days. So, I gave him a few weeks, no plaque in the mail. So, I messaged him, again. No replies for two weeks.

I then filed a claim through Paypal and asked for a partial refund. I followed their process, and after 30 days of no response from the seller to Paypal, I received my partial refund. Now, I am the one that set the $ limir for the refund. I asked for 33% of the total sale. Smooth resolution for me.

Good luck, my friend.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I have been on the opposite end of a dispute. A few years ago I sold a Laptop online. Six months after it shipped the seller tried to get a refund stating that I never shipped the laptop. Paypal froze the amount in dispute while they investigated. I emailed them a copy of my tracking number and they immediately closed the case removed the freeze.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Generally, with ebay, if you're the seller, you'll probably loose. If you're the buyer, you'll probably win.

Comment

I've filed twice for non-shipment. First time the item got shipped the day after I filed, no problem. Although the packing was extremely poor and it arrived with one of the Floyd posts popped out of the hole. But super glue fixed it so that was that.

Second time a guy wouldn't ship a power amp or return my emails or phone calls, so I filed. He waited til the last day he could without losing the claim, then shipped it.

The item arrived and was missing the pictured power cord, was shipped Parcel Post instead of Priority that I paid for, also didn't have insurance that I'd paid for, and was poorly packed so some of the cooling fins on the heat sink were bent. Scratchy controls too, but it worked.

I tried to amend the claim to "not as described" and asked for $20 back - $5 for the shippingh disparity, $5 for the missing power cord, $2.85 for the insurance he didn't bother to get, and $8 for a can of contact cleaner to clean the scratchy pots that weren't disclosed.

Paypal ignored that and just closed the claim without penalty to him. I tried to refile a "not as described" and they told me only one claim per item! I find that ridiculous but Paypal is still too much of an asset to not use. It's gotten to where most sellers want Paypal and most buyers don't want to bother getting a money order, so you have to use it and the fallout is what it is.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yes,
            I recently filed a dispute over someone not packing and or representing the condition of a tube amplifier. Long story short I got my money back after about two months.
            pleasant surprise that was.
            http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Working...
            X