Baltimore area people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore area people

OK I remember a rock/pop band from the late 70's / early 80's there, they had a few hits on the main Baltimore rock station I grew up on (from a bit north in southern PA), and the name of the band for some reason escapes me.

kind of an edgy guitar driven sound, but I think also with keys in the mix. poppy enough for radio hits.

something to do with cars or driving or... fuuuk.

somehow I thought of this band when hearing that song Drivers Seat, what is the name of that band? I'm not sure that's the same band though - who knows.

once I hear a name I'll recognize it. one of those.

anyone?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Well, the song Driver's Seat was by a band called "Sniff 'N' The Tears." Don't know if that's what you're looking for.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I have a recording of "Driver's Seat" somewhere at home. Will check tonight and post again.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
        Well, the song Driver's Seat was by a band called "Sniff 'N' The Tears." Don't know if that's what you're looking for.
        excellent! good call. I guess they were a British one hit wonder deal.

but yeah that's not the Baltimore band I'm thinking of, nor do I know why hearing that song on a movie soundtrack made me think of this Baltimore band.

Comment

I think I got it - Flash in the Pan

anyone remember them?

Comment

The Ravyns had a song called Raised on the Radio. Kix was local as well.
            "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

There was also another Bmore band called Crack The Sky, and they had some radio play in the 70s and 80s.

Comment

I know Kix certainly, never heard of Crack the Sky or The Rayvns.

thanks for the replies!

Comment

Ahh, Baltimore days...

I remember the late 80's, going to Hammerjacks, seeing Child's Play, Mona Lisa, Tattoo Taxi, Dubiel to mention a few...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                    Ahh, Baltimore days...

I remember the late 80's, going to Hammerjacks, seeing Child's Play, Mona Lisa, Tattoo Taxi, Dubiel to mention a few...

Hammerjacks was the best ! Great live acts regularly and tons of hot Baltimore Ass

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                      Ahh, Baltimore days...

We played with Child's Play in the skank bars down along Route 1 in VA.

Hammerjacks was GOOD TIMES INDEED!
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Where's Subvamp been lately? I bet he'd know. When I lived in Richmond from '87 - '91, a lot of Baltimore area bands would come through, and there were some really good acts. Lots of innovative, quirky stuff, which I liked. One of my best friends lives up there now, and I wish I could visit more often. Cool town with its own vibe, and it seems to foster creative people.

Comment

Here are a couple good ones, Forcer, Rumble Street, Hawaii, The Love Tribe, Deuce, Blitz, Mariah, Sockher, as I think of them I'll post them, I grew up there and played with alot of those guys. The Love Tribe has reformed out in L.A. and are quite good.

Comment

http://www.theravyns.com/band-history.htm Background on the Ravyns.

Some more Bmore locals: Wrathchild America/Souls at Zero, Mystic Force, Silence (VA band that Sonny Mayo was in) Nothing Sacred, Mary's Suicide, Have Mercy (Tom Maxwell on Guitar), Chemikill, Next Step Up......
                            "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              We played with Child's Play in the skank bars down along Route 1 in VA.

Hammerjacks was GOOD TIMES INDEED!
                              Skank bars along Route 1? You MUST be talking about the ones outside of Quantico!

Comment

Working...
                              X