new one for a contest :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new one for a contest :)

OK here's a new one I'm submitting for a local contest. Ain't finished yet (clean up some playing, friend doing bass, adding some violin, etc.) but this is basically it. Probably not the best thing I ever wrote (which ain't saying much) but its the newest, so good enough. Wot d'yer think??? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/mark//scooter.mp3

[ July 06, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: markpb ]

Re: new one for a contest

NICE! shred rules... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanx, guys, glad you liked it! I never thought of it as shred, I suppose, but thanks. Old school eh? ya whippersnapper [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] *sigh* I didn't play guitar at all for much of the 90's, or even listen to music much. When I started playing again, It felt to me like starting with a blank slate i.e. like I didn't sound like anything in particular, or even want to play anything in particular. I have since had people mention I play like I'm lost in the 80's, so I guess I must sound like that, but I can't really tell myself. A bad one, that is, no one mistakes me for Vai or Lynch!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice old school riffage man! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] very tasteful soloing as well, nice job! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I found the part that starts at 3:20 pretty cool also, was unexpected but enjoyed!

Comment

I think the song is PERFECT.

The recording is VERY, VERY well done. I like how the mix is perfect regarding levels and polyphony...

The guitar playing is superb too. It made me think a little of Steve Morse in some parts...

I am deeply impressed.

Comment

VERY nice job with great playing!!! Sound quality is excellent.
              [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Geez, thanks guys, that was really kind of you both, I'm glad you liked it.

Rodrigo and Dave -- Speaking of MP3's, the two of you are exceptionally guilty of not posting anything!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Let's get it in gear the two of you, I know you both write and play well so share!!!

Comment

Mark,

I have almost no gear right now as I am moving from Canada to Colombia next week but I will post again later on (I have posted in the past)... keep the good work.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Comment

Mark

I am always impressed. We share the same story, I put the guitar down for the 90's and am battling way out of the 80's at the moment.

I am looking int a pod and will try to record soon.

Again, nice work

Kevin
                    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Hey dude, you've been gone for a long time it seems...hope everything is well.

Ha Ha there we iz, stuck in the 80's with no hope in sight, is that it?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Been playing much lately?? Pods are fun alright.The tone is only so-so I guess, but the convenience makes up for it. Get the new XP or whatever, don't get the 2.0.

Oh well, if you played like you were in the 2000's you'd have to tune down to Zb and get some extra stupid face piercings, so maybe you're in a good place [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
                        Geez, thanks guys, that was really kind of you both, I'm glad you liked it.

Rodrigo and Dave -- Speaking of MP3's, the two of you are exceptionally guilty of not posting anything!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Let's get it in gear the two of you, I know you both write and play well so share!!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I haven't really had any time to do anything lately. We're actually very busy again at work(and it's hard to turn down any work when a year ago it was very scary because of the economy. I've got some ideas I have been putting down but nothing complete yet. I have to say though, I love my POD XT!!!

Great stuff Mark!!

Dave-&gt;
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                        X