Speaking of traffic cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of traffic cops

WOW I live about a mile away from the busiest road in my county. 164th. I have to drive down a big hill hill to get to Mill Creek. That is where my supermarkets are. I got down there at 7:30AM and two cars were already nabbed. Then I saw two more nabs. As I was minding my own business driving up 164th, I saw flashing lights. That unmarked cop shooed me out of the way and another car and nabbed the dude. It's a swarm of stealth cops looking to pay the bills.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

The only time I see blue lights around here is when the ambulance and tow truck are called.

Makes me think every highway in South Carolina is the Autobahn.

And people drive that way, too.

Comment

There is a major crackdown going on. The area is just that intersection. It's amaziing, But at $105 a pop who's to argue? They sure as shit have my attention.

Comment

Yeah, we all know that this coutry is in such good shap that cops have nothing better to do that run radar. I wish theyd get a fucking clue, stop trying to bring in revenue from hard working people and start making our neighborhoods and cities safer.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well these coppers are minting money. Those stops means more than $500 an hour gross.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Yeah, we all know that this coutry is in such good shap that cops have nothing better to do that run radar. I wish theyd get a fucking clue, stop trying to bring in revenue from hard working people and start making our neighborhoods and cities safer.
            Radar and speed control are one way those people make our neighborhoods and streets safer.

Yes, I truly believe this.

The majority of the people out there are irresponsible or clueless or both. I live in a City of about 400, 000 people or so and I'm the only one that's paying attention when driving.

Yes, it's an inconvenience, but they're doing their job.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
              Radar and speed control are one way those people make our neighborhoods and streets safer.

Yes, I truly believe this.

The majority of the people out there are irresponsible or clueless or both. I live in a City of about 400, 000 people or so and I'm the only one that's paying attention when driving.

Yes, it's an inconvenience, but they're doing their job.
              Hmm, yeah, if I hadn't repeatedly seen someone weaving through traffic at 90+, cutting people off all over the place--only for the cop to pull over some Mom who's going five over....

No, it's just a money making scheme for local government.
              This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
                Hmm, yeah, if I hadn't repeatedly seen someone weaving through traffic at 90+, cutting people off all over the place--only for the cop to pull over some Mom who's going five over....

No, it's just a money making scheme for local government.
                I didn't say they were perfect. And if you don't want to be part of the money-making scheme for the government, don't speed. Simple solution.

And I'd guess that the reason cops seem like dicks to you is because you have a bad attitude toward them.

Comment

I didn't say they were perfect. And if you don't want to be part of the money-making scheme for the government, don't speed. Simple solution.

And I'd guess that the reason cops seem like dicks to you is because you have a bad attitude toward them.
                  Assuming much? Cops don't seem like dicks to me. I don't have a bad attitude toward them. The are simply doing what they're told.

All I said was that the motivation for speed stops is collecting money for local government rather than public safety. I stand by that statement.

Try reading a bit more carefully before posting.

Comment

Assuming much? Cops don't seem like dicks to me. I don't have a bad attitude toward them. The are simply doing what they're told.

All I said was that the motivation for speed stops is collecting money for local government rather than public safety. I stand by that statement.

Try reading a bit more carefully before posting.
                    Your post reeked of disdain. Your opinion is fine, but believe me, if you hold the idea that cops on speed patrol are only money making machines for the government, it comes across.

Comment

Your post reeked of disdain. Your opinion is fine, but believe me, if you hold the idea that cops on speed patrol are only money making machines for the government, it comes across.
                      You bet I have disdain for yet another stealth tax, whether it's red light cameras or "five over" speed stops. It's pathetic.

edit: ...and this is not a personal gripe--I haven't been targeted by cameras, and I can't remember the last time I got pulled over.
                      Last edited by petedz; 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

You bet I have disdain for yet another stealth tax, whether it's red light cameras or "five over" speed stops. It's pathetic.

edit: ...and this is not a personal gripe--I haven't been targeted by cameras, and I can't remember the last time I got pulled over.
                          ---
                          Your arguments appear illogical to me.

What is your solution for speeding tickets? No 5 over stops allowed? What about 6 over? At what point do you believe the citation is fair?

And as far as the red light cameras, what is "pathetic" about them?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                            ---
                            Your arguments appear illogical to me.

What is your solution for speeding tickets? No 5 over stops allowed? What about 6 over? At what point do you believe the citation is fair?

And as far as the red light cameras, what is "pathetic" about them?
                            Fair enough.

I live in Illinois. Our highways are 55, and most people routinely and safely drive 65-70. Neighboring states have set limits at 70 where appropriate. In those states, "five over" stops make sense.

Red light cameras are pathetic because they ticket people for doing something harmless in order to generate revenue. If somebody actually runs a red light, throw the book at 'em. Stopping over the line? Give me a break!

If you look at my OP, you'll see that my complaint is that law enforcement is spending it's time generating revenue and consequently doesn't have time to respond to genuinely hazardous traffic behavior. ...and don't try to tell me that isn't happening. I've seen it with my own eyes. Multiple times.

Comment

Don't like it? Buy a white truck or a gold American sedan. Cops can't see them I swear.

Comment

Working...
                              X