R.I.P. Gary Gygaxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Gary Gygaxx

For anyone who has heard the term D&D or even willing to admit they played D&D.
    The creator of that game Gary Gygaxx has passed away.
    If it wasn't for this Game I would have never learned to expand my mind it got me into reading , Comics, Sci-Fi movies, would have never known what Lord of the Rings was until the dam movies came out.
    Might think I'm geeking out her over something trivial, but it was 1 of those things that curved my view on life,& even though I'm 36 & a bouncer in a strip club I still enjoy the Game For those of you who played or still play you know who this man is & what he gave to the Gaming world. Next time you log into World of Warcraft or watch any Fantacy based RPG know this is where it started. & just for note he based his game & enjoyment from reading Tolkien
    According To The Prophecy

Ah shit. I've not played in years, I've still got most of the books somewhere. Now where did I put those odd dice?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I played it for about a year when I was 12-13. It was a cool game. But then I smoked my first joint and I just didn't have time for that stuff anymore.

RIP Gary.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yeah, loved it, got into Rush then moved on to ad&d then gurps. RIP GG
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Wow what an imaginative guy. I still have those books around here somewhere.

Comment

Never cared much for it at the time, but I'm always up for a good RPG, and LOTR (original Rankin/Bass stuff) was my favorite.

Even if you play Fantasy Football, you owe it all to D&D.

RIP Sir
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

RIP Gary

I don't know how much of my time I "wasted" playing D&D when I was younger.
              I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was a huge AD&D player for many years. This is very sad news. I got many years of enjoyment from his creation. R.I.P.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I was never a huge D&D guy, but I loved just buying the adventures and reading the creative traps and stuff he thought of. I had one great night with friends playing the basic game dungeon (the keep on the borderlands?). Also like painting those pewter miniatures.

RPG games are still my favorite type of computer game.

Comment

*Goes to find Tom Hanks flick, Mazes & Monsters*

Comment

AD&D... wow. It's been years. What an amazing game... I had the whole set of books + many many sets of die.

Quick, someone cast a resurrection on him! (Just kidding... RIP to the man who opened my mind to statistics, probability and creativity at the age of nine)

Comment

I still have all my old modules, Player's Handbook, etc.

Did anyone play the board game Dungeon or any of those other TSR games like Wizards and Warriors?

Some of my fondest elementary school memories are of reading the old school D&D "catalog" (more like a single fold paper) with summaries of Boot Hill, Top Secret, etc.

Comment

I started out with D&D like most people, and went on to play Top Secret, Time Master, Gamma World, Villains & Vigilantes, Champions, and about a dozen other RPGs. We were such nerds that we even created our own Star Trek based RPG because we didn't like the one that already existed. I haven't played any of them in years, but still enjoy WOW, and other computer RPGs.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Any traveller players here?
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I played for years before my friends all moved on to LARP games, which I have no tolerance for. However, it's a period of time I look back on in fondness, so many, many thanks to you, Mr. Gygax.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X