Cubase Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubase Help?

I'm after installing Cubase LE, it came with some gear I bought. Anyways, I've seen people talk about how it can be good for programming drums. I could use something decent to work with but I can't figure out how to actually bring up the Drum map on it. I have a few samples that would be cool to work with.
    I'm usually ok with software but when it comes to midi type stuff I get a bit lost. Anyone here know how to get it working? I've had a quick glance at the help manual but its mostly really basic stuff that I don't have trouble with.
    Once I get going I should be alright, its just bringing up the thing that I can't seem to find!!!

Just create a new drum track. Drawing in a sequence piece in the timeline with the pencil tool and double clicking the piece should pull up an edit window which should be the drum editor or a standard midi piano roll.
    Newer Cubase versions are a bit lame with obscure iconography. Once you spend time with it and get to know the quirks, it is a very strong program. Good luck.

Comment

I love Cubase, but I do all my drum tracks in Fruity Loops and import them. I am not much of a computer recording wizard though...

Comment

+1 to aron's post.
        Cubase is a great sequencing program, extremely versatile and stable. As per any sequencer there is always an initially steep learning curve. I moved from Cubase vst5 to Logic 7 a few years ago having approx. 8 years experience with Cubase, but still struggled for months to grasp some of Logic's fundamentals. Keep it up though, the more hours you spend using the easier it gets. May be worth checking some online Cubase tutorials and forums: http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/ or Cubase.com, I found them useful

Comment

Cheers for the help. I'll have a look through some of those tutorials, Cubase is probably worth learning properly instead of hacking my own way through it. I can use a few other similar programs but I've never seen Cubase used before, I do my audio work in Reaper and my synth and drum stuff in Fruity Loops.
          I managed to get a drum track up and programmed a bit. The sounds are pretty poor on it so I'll go try and upload some new samples instead.

Comment

I had a version of Cubase that came with my SoundBlaster Live! way back when. I was completely lost until I went through the tutorials in the manual. Only then I realized what a great program it was.
            Scott

Comment

Cubase is a great program, and the forums will help out alot. Have fun with your creative endeavors.

Comment

Working...
              X