This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAN HALEN canceled REST OF THE TOUR

From tmz website. Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

can you say train wreck

Damn man that sucks, Getting sober is a very tough thing to do and it usually takes several attempts. I just hope he still has a fan base if and when he does get sober.

Comment

I told you...

Comment

Well I said it would happen too but it got farther than I thought it would. Anyone who was able to see them when ED was sober was lucky because he may never recover. He has too many demons to deal with.

Comment

Damn, I'm glad I caught the 1/28/08 show here in Houston then! Guess it was just a matter of time but I always thought that the tour was going to implode due to Ed and Dave rekindling old "issues".
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I think it's Sad.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

I just heard comercials for the Cinci show on Friday. Oh well.

Comment

And we were sure it would be DLR fault! (Maybe it was?

Comment

I don't think it was ever Daves fault, honestly...

Comment

Ultimate front man + Ultimate guitarist = conflict
                    They probably each had their part in whatever happened (or, less importantly, what's happening right now... personal opinion only, but I kinda feel like Michael Anthony should be there for a "proper reunion tour" anyhow... was this the time to install the kid as bass player?... another case of bad judgment, and another ego fog for Ed going on...).

It just depends on if you are friends with the husband, or the wife when the divorce happens.

None of us are in bed with them, none of us know the intimate details.

I don't think we want/need to... we just want the "Me wise magic" new VH tunes.

Nothing works forever.

But, it was brilliant in it's time...

Disclaimer: All just my opinion, and I named my second son after Ed.
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

This sucks - I was going to take the kids to see them on Friday. Then again a refund would be better if this is what we're missing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljWq08g_D8
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        This sucks - I was going to take the kids to see them on Friday. Then again a refund would be better if this is what we're missing:

Makes me feel like an ass, being 45 and deciding to get serious about my playing instead of screwing around anymore...

But, at least I know by best days are ahead of me, not behind.

It's a sad thing to watch.

Comment

VH Tour done already!

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/02/van-halen-tour-unhinged/

Im surprised it lasted this long... Glad I saw the 3rd show when Ed was still playing ok.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                            I think it's Sad.
                            It is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post

This is pretty much what I saw in back in October at the Palace. I walked out during the solo.

No offense to anyone, but the people that have said EVH has been playing "great" during this tour had to have been drunk themselves. A long tour is no place for an alcoholic to be. He'll never get himself together on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X