Clear All

• Mobile transport, forget the smart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mio5fTKqWgM

This my friends is the future... :ROTF:

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
    [url]forget the smart...
    no, no, no. Don't forget the smart.

This is mine.

Awesome little car. Mine is currently 117bhp, 110mph top speed and 50mpg (imperial gallons).

Comment

That is a sharp looking Smart Car. I think I would be a little hesitant to drive that fugger on the New Jersey Turnpike though. Probably get blown off the road by a big rig or crosswinds.:ROTF:
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've crapped a bigger turd!
        "POOP"

Comment

I couldn't fit 2 guitars and a half stack in that!!

I'll bet you couldn't even fit a KV case and 12" combo in that thing.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I wouldnt fit in that thing. I do like the line. "she's got quite a nice bottom.I siad that out loud didn't i?" lol a guy after my own heart.. lol
            Gil

Comment

I would not drive one of those Smarts here in the US. Get in a fight with a Ford Super Duty or Dodge Ram and you will be down for the count.

EDIT: HAHAH, him driving past the BBC news program is priceless.
              Last edited by CharvelRocker; 02-29-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Ya think one would fit in the back of my Van?:ROTF:
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

For some reason, it reminds me of the vehicle Mr. Garrison created on South Park... the IT. :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                    That is a sharp looking Smart Car. I think I would be a little hesitant to drive that fugger on the New Jersey Turnpike though. Probably get blown off the road by a big rig or crosswinds.:ROTF:
                    No truck lane for me thanks.... lol.

Comment

The Smart car is bigger than ya think.
                      Me (6' 2" 230lbs) and my brother (5' 11" 280lbs) both fit in one just fine. And yes, we were both in it at the same time!
                      Little cozy, but a shitload of leg room.
                      It was a funny sight for sure.
                      I'll dig up the pics and post them.
                      I heard from the Mercedes rep at the International Auto Show that the US version is 18" - 20" longer and 8" wider than the European version.
                      -Rick

Comment

I saw one the other day. They do look a bit bigger than they seem, but they still look like a death trap.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                          I heard from the Mercedes rep at the International Auto Show that the US version is 18" - 20" longer and 8" wider than the European version.
                          Nah, that's not true. The lights are slightly different and they have a different gearstick.

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          I saw one the other day. They do look a bit bigger than they seem, but they still look like a death trap.
                          Only 2 reported deaths of someone driving a smart in 9 years.
                          When a smart car hits another vehicle, the smart usually wins.

Get the idea out of your head that small is weak. It's tougher than most other cars and it's light so doesn't have so much inertia in a crash.

I rear ended a Merc A class.
                          Merc A class repair bill $4500.
                          Smart repair bill $500.

Comment

what sort of speed were you doing when you rear ended the Merc? I don't care how little inertia it has in a bingle, that stubby front end isn't going to provide much of a crumple zone. So if it's that tough, you're just going to bounce around inside it like a ping pong ball? They look like they'd be great for inner city driving, but I wouldn't want to be barrelling down a windy stretch of 2 lane highway at 110 kph with heavy road train traffic blowing past in the opposite direction. I imagine that lack of inertia would make getting sucked under a road train a much likelier possibility.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Fuck you..I would need an air bag dedicated to my balls! My Cobra is small enough..I wear it like a gurdle.

That would be OK for my wife.. she's 4'10" and 87lbs..yes, she is a mail order pygmy bride from Borneo of course...but they're loyal!

Oompa Loompa suck on your goo

I got a little secret fo you

well, you know the song..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X