Bad News Today/My Grandfather Just Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News Today/My Grandfather Just Passed Away

Just got a call from my sister. My Grandfather just passed. He was 83. He fought in Burma in WWII and came home with Malaria and lots of bad dreams. He practically raised me and was always there. He bought me my first and last shotgun and pistols. He was the reason that I went into the military and made it a career. His health declined in recent years and he lost his leg last year due to diabetes. He had cancer and also was fighting Altzheimers/dementia. Grandma had to go to the store this morning and came home and found him dead. I didnt see him the last couple of years, but we had talked a few times. He was always a man of action/not words and we would always talk about the times we had together whenever we spoke. Many of our WWII veterans are now leaving us and that saddens me. I am just very happy that I have had the opportunity to spend so many years with him before his health declined. I will truly miss him.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Man, I am sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are right, our WW2 vets are really starting to fall off. God bless.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My condolences to you and yours. May he rest in peace.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family. RIP

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this ..blessed be!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sorry to hear.....
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Sorry about your loss, we're thinking about you-
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

sorry for your loss .
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Condolences to you and your family...
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Real sorry bro. RIP
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.People like your grandfather are what made this nation great for so long.I thank him,you, and all other veterans for their service.RIP............
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Thought and prayers, man. RIP.

Comment

Condolences to you and your family and much appreciation to your grandfather for his service to our country. May he rest in peace.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Very sorry to hear. Think of him and smile when you do. He sounds like he was a special person.

Comment

Working...
                              X