RIP - Buddy Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP - Buddy Miles

Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports: Buddy Miles, who co-founded and played drums in BAND OF GYPSYS with Jimi Hendrix, passed away yesterday (Feb. 26) in Austin, Texas, at the age of 60. A cause of death has yet to be announced.

Miles was born Sept. 5, 1947, in Omaha, Neb., and was introduced to music at a young age by his father, who played in a band called the BEBOPS. As a young man he also played with WILSON PICKETT, the DELFONICS and the INK SPOTS.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

damn... RIP

he was a great drummer... one of the early groove masters
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

RIP Buddy. BTW, didn't he write "Them Changes"? One of my favourite tunes.
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Yes he did. RIP Buddy

Comment

RIP Buddy...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Sucks that this has so few replies. RIP.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

RIP Mr. Miles

Comment

RIP.
                My opinion?
                A great jazz drummer, in a rock environment.
                The Band of Gypsies was just that, and makes me wonder at what else
                Jimi and Electric Ladyland could have accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                X