X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William F. Buckley

Passed away today, age 82.
    I stumbled upon "Firing Line" when I was very young, and even my Democrat
    parents enjoyed his programs, if not his idealogy.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...stPop_Emailed4

Smart man. RIP
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I may not have agreed with him on some things, but, his overall contribution to American politics, policy and etc can't be argued or debated. He left an undeniable mark.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
        I may not have agreed with him on some things, but, his overall contribution to American politics, policy and etc can't be argued or debated. He left an undeniable mark.
        Well said, I agree. R.I.P.

Comment

This might be the only time I'll weigh in on anything political, but I have to admit - he was an arrogant ass...and could back it up.

I used to be an ardent reader of The National Review, and the fact he kicked Yale in the balls with his first book God and Man at Yale really resounded with me, as I was on the wrong side of the admissions office at the college I (eventually) attended due to what might be kindly termed as "racist" admission policies.

May he rest in peace...$10 words and all...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

What a command of the English language he had. Brilliant guy....I'd read an article by him and go scurrying to the dictionary, ready to add another word to my vocabulary...lol. RIP WFB

Comment

Working...
            X