Snake eats family dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake eats family dog

Holy shit! Can you imagine being one of those kids watching your dog get eaten right in front of you?!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

The poor family! But honestly, they saw the snake in the dog's bed and didn't keep the dog inside? Bad owners.
    Scott

Comment

Yeah, and like the guy said, they should have called him the first time they saw the snake.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Really stupid parents. The snake could easily eat the children too. It's big enough to eat an adult and the did nothing about it sitting in the dogs bed. WTF!

Comment

:ROTF:

Yes, it's horrible to see your dog eaten by a big snake, but this struck me as amusing.

Comment

A fuggin' squirrel could eat my dog!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Should have shoveled that mofo to death!

EDIT: Isn't it funny that people nowadays, no matter WHAT happens, always get the camera first? The last thing on my fucking mind at that moment would be to grab a camera so I could snatch some pretty pictures!
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                Should have shoveled that mofo to death!

EDIT: Isn't it funny that people nowadays, no matter WHAT happens, always get the camera first? The last thing on my fucking mind at that moment would be to grab a camera so I could snatch some pretty pictures!
                I agree. Also, I'm surprised that no one had a video camera on-hand.

Comment

Interesting story. The snake was just doing what a snake does. Can't blame him/her at all...

Seems like they know how to treat a snake down there. "The snake was still digesting the dog at the zoo Wednesday. It will soon be moved to the bush, Douglas said." Shit, here someone would have got a gun and shot the thing...

They need to think of it as a very personal lesson in nature...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

It's like the nature channel on your back porch! We have a pretty big snake here in the house(about 7-8 feet long). She doesn't come out of her cage when the ferret is running around. Duh. Snakes eat other animals. Whole. We knew this. Oh, and by the way, a 16 foot snake could NOT eat an adult. The dog it ate was a terrier chihuahua. Not even nearly the size of a child. Snakes don't bother anything that is not either food-sized or pissing them off. The adults and children are not in danger of being eaten.

Comment

I dunno, Ace... my friend had some sizable pythons and boas and his roomie's ferret got loose where he shouldn't have been killed one constrictor, ate some of it of it and seriously messed up another. They are related to mongoose, after all.

Comment

This ferret is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          It's like the nature channel on your back porch! We have a pretty big snake here in the house(about 7-8 feet long). She doesn't come out of her cage when the ferret is running around. Duh. Snakes eat other animals. Whole. We knew this. Oh, and by the way, a 16 foot snake could NOT eat an adult. The dog it ate was a terrier chihuahua. Not even nearly the size of a child. Snakes don't bother anything that is not either food-sized or pissing them off. The adults and children are not in danger of being eaten.
                          You're right, it couldn't eat the mom or kids. However, if they pissed it off by interrupting its dinner, it IS big enough to constrict them to death. So, no danger of being eaten, but danger of harm or death nevertheless.

It was too late for the dog by the time they saw it in the snake's mouth anyway. But if that was my dog and the snake was not my pet, I would have shot the damn thing, not called animal control.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Guys this was a 110lbs snake. Adult your right it couldn't eat one . I was thinking that scrubs were about the same size around as a retic or burmese. They are smaller around. These snakes eat wallabies. Wallabies are a lot bigger around then a 7 year old. this is a small one eating a wallaby. Doesn't look like he could do it but it does.
                            http://andiamnotlyingforreal.blogspo...ood-chain.html
                            Yes, this breed unlike the other large pythons avoid humans, but they are still capable of eating a child.
                            People who don't believe that it could happen are the same people that end up with dead children. Why is this dog dead? Same reasoning.
                            Maybe I think differently because my dad was a freak about safety went I was a child and I have seen baby and cuddles up close.

Comment

cool pics! Did you see the pictures of the python caught on the electric fence? Or the one retrieving the kangaroo from the billabong?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X