Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little help identifying a classical piece...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help identifying a classical piece...

Alright, I'm not too sure if this is the correct forum, and I hope someone will be able to help me. This question relates to anyone who is familiar with Paganini, and a little bit of Cacophony.

In the Cacophony song Go Off!, there is a sweep section that is "borrowed" from a Paganini piece. I've heard the bit from paganini a million times, but for the life of me I cannot remember which caprice it is from.. If anyone could help, that would be great.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NbOEQJxE6N0

The arpeggios are at 2:17
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

I don't remember off the top of my head. If no one comes up with it I'll check tomorrow night.

Comment

Hmmm...I have the 24 caprices on CD and listen to it often. Nothing popped in my head when I heard that section. I am curious as to which one it is. I may check later if I have time and no one else has found it.

Comment

Hmm..I'm pretty positive it's Paganini, maybe I'm wrong?
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I'll listen to it when I get home, but I'm not familiar with Paganini's stuff.
          Scott

Comment

The chord progression sounds the same as the main one in Pachelbel's Canon in D

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              The chord progression sounds the same as the main one in Pachelbel's Canon in D

It sounds slightly similar.

Damn, I thought this question would be easily answered. =P

Comment

It's just a short circle of fifths progression ala Pachelbel.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X