Earthquake!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake!!!!

Fuck me, sitting here, browsing the board, I thought a truck was outside, I could feel my chair vibrating, then a little more, I thought what kind of fucking truck was outside, then the walls shook and shook and stuff fell off my table. I was down those stairs like an Exocet!!! 5 seconds later it was over, but I'm still freaked.

Is there an online Richter scale thingy????

I don't envy you folks out there in REAL earthquake country, I think I would almost certainly shit my shreddies in a proper shaker!!!
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Why does this seem just a bit ironic?

Comment

That post shakes me to the core!
      I'll never forget when I had to walk outside into the parking lot in California, cuz the ground was moving.
      Very cool, seeing all the cars in the parking lot dancing, rather enthusiastically!
      hehe
      Was freaky.
      But... a memory.
      Adrenaline + moment = memory
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

I'm starting an Earthquake Appeal, so think of us here in misery, dig deeply and send some cash.

4.7 on the Richter scale, apparently. I've done farts stronger than that.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Fucker! I shat myself.

I thought it was a large truck as well, then i thought (for some stupid reason) it was my housemates pulling a prank on me as they know i hate it.

I was in Istanbul when we had a 45 second 7.4 one. It was not a pleasant experience!

Pretty sure im not sleeping tonight.
          If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            I'm starting an Earthquake Appeal, so think of us here in misery, dig deeply and send some cash.

4.7 on the Richter scale, apparently. I've done farts stronger than that.
            US Dollars, of course.

Comment

Oooh that was freaky and worrying at the same time!
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I`m about 20 miles form the epicentre, what a fucker lol, house shook to shit, things dropping off shelves, wife damn near crapped herself (still have the nail marks on my leg i swear!!!) Woke every bugger up, and brought them all out into the street. Earthquakes ain`t common here in old blighty, so i pity those elsewhere that have them frequently.

Comment

I didn't know you guys had earthquakes there.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

we don`t lol, thats whats the mpst worrying. Not like you can get used to them. Last one was about 6 years ago, and was very mild.

Comment

I'm so used to it they rock me to sleep. The first one did give me a bit of a spook as there is nowhere to run.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
                        Fucker! I shat myself.

I thought it was a large truck as well, then i thought (for some stupid reason) it was my housemates pulling a prank on me as they know i hate it.

I was in Istanbul when we had a 45 second 7.4 one. It was not a pleasant experience!

Pretty sure im not sleeping tonight.
                        I don't envy you going through a 7.4, especially in a city full of old buildings! I went through the 6.8 Northridge quake in L.A. and that was bad enough!

On the other hand, in 19 years in SoCal I got used to quakes to the point that I( slept right through a few 5+ quakes. A lot depends on how close you are to the epicenter.

Glad to hear that apparently no one was harmed, that's what matters. Guess we have a clue as to how England was separated from mainland Europe now though. An I would dearly have hated to be in the Chunnel when that happened!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

We didn't feel it down here in the South. Send me your guitars so they don't get damaged
                          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

We had a 6 point something when I was in college up in Potsdam, NY. Tore up a road and knocked down a brick wall. Didn't last very long though, maybe 10, 15 seconds.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                              I'm so used to it they rock me to sleep.
                              Yeah, it's got to get over 5 before I think it's not just the drugs kicking in :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X