X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we going to do...

...about global cooling?

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature...ticle10866.htm

I'm so guilty of buying into the global warming hype/science etc. The truth is, it appealed to me because it spoke to greater concerns I have about the politics of energy, the dwindling of natural resources and the reduction of pollution. All those things are very real and consequential - factors we should consider, though it runs in the face of the profitability of certain economies.

I find it funny how emotional this debate is - both sides desperate to say I told you so. Boy, do we hate each other, or what?

My overall environmental and world view is undoubtedly shaped by my life on the "left coast".

So to summarize, the global warming argument may be a farce and a real opportunity to change course could be lost. So Al Gore can suck it. This 20 minute film makes a better show with more worthwhile information.

www.storyofstuff.com

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
      So to summarize, the global warming argument may be a farce and a real opportunity to change course could be lost. So Al Gore can suck it. This 20 minute film makes a better show with more worthwhile information.

www.storyofstuff.com
      Very true. IMO, Al Gore is a manipulative, unstable creep. He's done more harm to environmental causes with his shrill ranting than anyone.

The Story of Stuff movie you linked to is outstanding. I may not agree with some of the political coloration, but the basic message is beyond reproach. Problem is, what the heck do we do about it?
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
        Burn more fuel and use more spraycans?!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          Burn more fuel and use more spraycans?!

If we're really headed for a mini ice age, that wouldn't help. We'd be just plain screwed. The good news is that it's just as dumb to use the little bit of data we have to predict an ice age as it is to jump up and down and yell about the ice caps melting, etc. Climate trends need centuries, not decades worth of data.
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Huh.
            Genius wife just made the observation that the dinosaurs were made extinct due
            to the ice ages.

Pretty worrisome, if you're a dinosaur.
            I'm going to fire up the old Monte Carlo SS to save the planet.

Comment

I just think the global warming farce was a very harmful way to go about trying to achieve a laudable policy goal of advancing alternative energy. It was also blatantly and cynically used by economic competitor states to try to pressure the US into terrible economic policies.
              As far as I can tell the only serious alt. energy contender right now is nuclear power. Is anyone else writing their congressmen demanding nuclear power plants in their state? What will we do with the nasty waste? We can't send it all to Japan to build nuke bombs with in secret like France does.

Comment

I think it is getting warmer.
                "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Peguins and polars bears could survive in fuggin' Cleveland.

The only ones worried about global warming are sheople..who are content wallowing in whatever poo the media throws at 'em..ahhhh fuggums.

The only thing Al Gore is concerned about is Al Gore..he's three steps shy of half an asshole!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

And some of you fuckers got all over my case when i told you global warming hysteria was a political fear tactic by the liberals.

I'm not going back through all the posts, but you assholes know who you are and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Comment

First thing I'm doing is returning the swimsuit I bought...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                        And some of you fuckers got all over my case when i told you global warming hysteria was a political fear tactic by the liberals.

I'm not going back through all the posts, but you assholes know who you are and should be ashamed of yourselves.
                        How dare they

Someone was wrong about something? They can't change their opinion either. That would be flip flopping. Those damn liberal waffles! SEEEE I TOLD YOU SO! You liberal cunts can't take it back! I know what you said! $@#*$(!) Let's do this, settle this once and for all! We'll have a fuggin cage match! Rush Limbaugh vs Al Gore to the death! That way, everyone wins!

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                          How dare they

Someone was wrong about something? They can't change their opinion either. That would be flip flopping. Those damn liberal waffles! SEEEE I TOLD YOU SO! You liberal cunts can't take it back! I know what you said! $@#*$(!) Let's do this, settle this once and for all! We'll have a fuggin cage match! Rush Limbaugh vs Al Gore to the death! That way, everyone wins!
                          No No.

No taking the higher road now. I was bashed to oblivion for doubting the whole thing. I was guilty of killing everyones future grand children, being a redneck, ignorant, etc.

None of this "Oh whoops, I guess I was wrong. I can be wrong right?" crap.
                          Last edited by SouthPlatteDemon; 02-27-2008, 04:25 PM. Reason: I need to add more smilies so people know I'm not serious.

Comment

sadly, the ineffable self-righteousness of global warming morons (not anyone here, just in general), not to mention their smears and condemnations of anyone who does not buy into their idiocy, makes for some sweet turnabout when inevitably their farce is exposed.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

So one winter with higher than average snowfall means global warming is a myth?

EDIT: I don't pretend to understand it. I don't know if it's real or not. I do know there are a lot of people making a LOT of noise about it on both sides. Who knows? I know I don't...
                              Last edited by Bengal; 02-27-2008, 04:40 PM.
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X