Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a lack of taste, or just plain good old fashioned asskissery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a lack of taste, or just plain good old fashioned asskissery?

I'm a member over on the Moser board, as are a few other JCF members. Recently Neal posted a link to some new camo graphic import Vs. I said I thought the camo graphic was WAY too small, and posted a pic of my KV1 as a comparison. Needless to say, several people had to find fault with the camo pattern on my Jackson, one even going so far as to say it made the guitar look too small. Here's pics of both guitars.

The Moser

The Jackson

Now, I may be completely mental here, but IMO, the Moser's graphic is such a small scale, that from even a few feet away, it will blur into little more than a bunch of non-descript squiggles. It doesn't really look like camo to me, more like a bunch of cum stains.

I think that in general, Moser board member have their noses so far up Neal's ass, that they can tell what he had for breakfast, not all of them of course, but enough. This just reinforces that opinion. Am I completely off base? If I am, please berate me for my ignorant assumptions.
    Last edited by zeegler; 02-26-2008, 12:34 PM.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Can't see the Moser. Permission denied.
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

^ - copy and paste the link into the browser and it comes up

I think the Moser guitar looks like stabbed poo.
      Scott

Comment

The site doesn't allow hot linking of photos.

I like your camo pattern better.
        -Rick

Comment

Oh, and I realize that at least one of the Moser guys will go back and sqeal that I'm talking shit about them over on the JCF. I just don't care. I know that Neal makes great guitars, even if I personally dislike most of the wacky designs, and the goofy goth-kid headstocks.

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
            Can't see the Moser. Permission denied.
            Fixed.

Comment

I prefer guitars with streamlined bodies and 6-a-side pointed headstocks, so naturally, the Jackson would be my pick.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                I prefer guitars with streamlined bodies and 6-a-side pointed headstocks, so naturally, the Jackson would be my pick.
                Well, of course, you have taste my good man, but I was specifically referring to the camo pattern itself.

Comment

Your right the Moser camo just is too small, it almost looks like random brush strokes from a distance.

I also see what they mean by the paint job on your KV making the guitar look small, maybe it's the angle, but your guitar does seem like it has a small body.

Out of curiosity, how many members does the Moser board have, I can't imagine there being more than a few dozen members.
                  Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Needless to say, several people had to find fault with the camo pattern on my Jackson, one even going so far as to say it made the guitar look too small.
                    I would be upset if someone told be my umm guitar looked small.

Kidding aside your graffic looks great. The moser graphic is way too small/busy. What makes it look even shittier is that since the graphic doesn't wrap around it looks like a cheesey sticker.

Comment

The Jacksons pattern is much better...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I admit, I'm biased, but I prefer the Jackson in all areas.

Comment

Jackson or Moser.... doesn't matter.... camo is the ultimate lack of taste
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Oh I don't know, I don't think it looks all that bad.
                            Let someone like......KK Downing play one of them on the up and coming Priest tour.
                            Everybody on planet earth would be wanting one.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

your jackson looks great. the moser, not so much.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X