Ace in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace in Dallas

Well, we had a great time last night at the Ace Frehley show here in Dallas. The first opening band was pretty cool. They were from Austin and called Dixie Witch. 3 piece set up and had that COC/Down sound to them. The second band sucked balls IMO. The lead guitarist thought he was Pete Townsend doing all of his windmills and bass drum jumps. Maybe he was just cought up in the moment. Anyway, they drug on for WAAAAY too long.

We had seats up in the balcony with the other folks wearing button down shirts. Needless to say, my pics aren't that great. Alvin definitely had a better vantage point. I was able to catch about 16 seconds of Shock Me. IMO, Ace did not disappoint. He played several KISS solo album. Speedin' back to my baby, Rip it out, New York Groove, and maybe one more. Breakout, Rock Soldiers, and a medley with Love Gun in it was pretty cool, too. The drummer kicked ass!!! He saing some lead vocals, too. At one point I thought Paul Stanley was onstage. Closed the show out with Deuce and Cold Gin. Great encore!

Anyway, here's the link to the crappy video.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8...AceShockMe.flv

Thanks for posting that.Ace and Billy Gibbons made me want to pick up a guitar when I was a kid.Damn, I'm old.....................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Man, I saw that headline and I was like "What the fuck was I doing in Dallas?" Sorry, I just woke up! :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
      X