• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm, mmm, insect paste!

UN Conference Promotes Insect Eating
    http://www.knbc.com/food/15395028/detail.html

Discuss.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

I want to try some locust soup

Comment

Seems gross, but it's probably just because of our biases, like the guy in the article said. If you think about it, how different are insects from shrimp, crabs, lobsters, crayfish, etc? If you really think about it, they're probably less gross than oysters & clams, which I eat all the time. Having said that, I'm still not eating any fucking bugs.

Comment

Yeah well, umm, I'll have to pass on it. lol
        "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Vietnamese flying cockroaches did fine in a pinch.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

No fucking way. Everyone has limits. And this is off my limits. I don't even eat fish except for tuna.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I don't think my mind would let me eat bugs. All that crunching and gooey-ness....ick.

If it was already ground up and served as just the meat, and you didn't tell me what it was, then sure I'd probably eat it.
              Scott

Comment

Ants are peppery tasting. I'd feast on li'l bugs in a life or death situation. For now it's only big bugs: lobsters, shrimp, crayfish, crawdads and crabs.

Comment

" Ah. Grasshopper. You must be wise to the UN. I suggest you take a long wok." I made a bad pun.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                    No fucking way. Everyone has limits. And this is off my limits. I don't even eat fish except for tuna.

+ a fucking 1000
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      " Ah. Grasshopper. You must be wise to the UN. I suggest you take a long wok." I made a bad pun.
                      :ROTF:, Fett!

So this raises an interesting theological question: If I'm Catholic, can I eat bugs on Friday?

Comment

Chocolate covered ants from France were gourmet in the 70s. 'Inago', a type of grasshopper that lived on rice plants has made a small come back from lean years of WWII here in Japan. In Vietnam, deep fried tarantulas have made a comeback from the bad war. In S. Korea you get deep fried silk work larvae instead of peanuts at a bar. It won't be too long until you will be seeing McMaggots as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                          ...It won't be too long until you will be seeing McMaggots as an option.
                          Anyone want to bet it'll be an improvement?

Comment

Working...
                          X