rock music statistics help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rock music statistics help

hey people i got a project and i need some statistics.. i've been looking all over the net and can't find anything argh!

i'd like to know the gender break down for rock music (i.e who listens to it more, males or females). i'd also like to know age groups, regions and etc.

of course i can make an educated guess but for this project i need facts and reference

thanks
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

askfett.com
    "POOP"

Comment

Here's your first problem:

Define "rock music" and "listens"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        askfett.com
        :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: I really do hate you.:ROTF: First off, you have to define "Rock". Then you have to determine a timeframe. '50's Rock. '60's Rock, '70's Rock. After that, it's not Rock. It's a convoluted version of Rock. That's not a bad thing. But, it does have a dramatic impact on what you are asking. Elvis made teen girls get wet. The boys felt threathened. The Beatles made the girls get wet. The Rolling Stones put the balls back in Rock. And it has been a Rocky road since then.:ROTF: I was there for all of that. You bastards.
        Last edited by fett; 02-24-2008, 03:04 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

And now I am watching old episodes of Lawrence Welk.

Comment

I wouldn't bother doing research. 73.8% of all statitics are just made up anyways.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

He does have a point. When, I was 14 the Beatles were hot. 1964 The girls were all over them. I thought they were interesting but I didn't cream my jeans.:ROTF: He has to narrow it down. Ie. Led Zep was a boy thing. The Association was a girl thing. There were bliurs, but to to deliniate is going to be a tough one.

Comment

Welk has a bunch of chicks singing 'Windy". I rest my case.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  Welk has a bunch of chicks singing 'Windy". I rest my case.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                  I just love it when I pick up a guitar when my mother in law is visiting.
                  She always asks, "Are you going to strum a song, like they do on Lawrence Welk?"

No, Mom...I'm going to play some notes, like on VH1...

Sheesh.

Comment

well its for a school project and the teacher doesnt know and doesnt care about all the little difference in rock.. im talking about stereotypical rock ..

guns and roses, led zepp, acdc ..
                    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

well, i live in northen georgia, right smack in the middle of the eastern bible belt. i grew up on zepp., black sabbath, slade, ac/dc ect.but rock and pop music took a back seat to country, unless you lived in or close to atlanta.....that was then....now hip hop and rapp are the dominant sound in atlanta. there are several country stations too. and mabey three rock/alternative rock, and a couple of classic rock stations. i now live 50 miles north of atl. and have teenagers of my own, who mostly listen to what they call eemmo, or screammo...whatever . some of it aint bad , but some of it is lammeoo.
                      jackson dx10
                      charvel avenger
                      schecter c1 classic
                      samick tr2 sg clone
                      fender twin amp.
                      abunch of stomp boxes

Comment

Working...
                      X