Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical help...

errrr, i'm bleeding alot and.......

actually last week while playing tennis, i ran up to a ball and slammed on the brakes stopping to fast/hard on my left leg. i felt my knee like crumple and i collapsed for a good five min. now i have a certain tenderness underneath my knee cap. it hurts with i force my knee inwards and when i put direct pressure on the floor with my knee (kneeling down.... not giving BJs) .

i know their are a few guys on here that can help me out.
    thanks in advance.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Your best bet is to go get it checked out at your Family Pracitice Doc. He/She will more than likely send you to an Orthopedic Surgeon. Best case is a strain. Ice it down and get off of it. Worst case is a tear of some sort. Either way, I'd put some ice on it and stay off of it until you can get in front of someone. Might want to get an anti-inflamatory like Aleve to help take the edge off.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Don't do that anymore
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Don't do that anymore
        thanks ron always willing to lend a helping hand, aren't you?
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

If the pain is under the patella It's likely an ACL injury, could also be the PCL but less likely given the pain increases while kneeling. Ice it and see the Doc...

Comment

www.webmd.com
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              funny thing i tried that but i ended up more confused than hurt.

Comment

Then it's working!

Seriously, though, you need to go to a doctor. You're still a young guy, and it would be a shame to end up hobbled long-term by this. One of the guys who works for me hurt his knee when he was about 19, and he blew off getting treatment. Later when he had insurance, he got it looked at but it was too late for a full fix. They cleaned up some scar tissue, but it still really limits his activities like snowboarding, basketball, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                  kneeling down.... not giving BJs

As if we were even thinking that!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    Then it's working!

Seriously, though, you need to go to a doctor. You're still a young guy, and it would be a shame to end up hobbled long-term by this. One of the guys who works for me hurt his knee when he was about 19, and he blew off getting treatment. Later when he had insurance, he got it looked at but it was too late for a full fix. They cleaned up some scar tissue, but it still really limits his activities like snowboarding, basketball, etc.
                    i don't want to say i dislike doctors it is just most of them are idiots. i am desperate enough to go to my high school trainer though (athletic nurse).

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    As if we were even thinking that!
                    i knew you were.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                      i don't want to say i dislike doctors it is just most of them are idiots.
                      And you trust your health to us??????? :ROTF:
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Most orthopedic surgeons I've known aren't idiots, but just like anything else, shop around until you're comfortable. The trainer may be able to point you in the right direction, which is hopefully toward a good doctor.

Comment

I'd have thought it was sensible to see a doctor rather than post on a guitar forum for advice. That's just me, I'm a bit mad when it comes to horrific injuries.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

sounds like a jam or a sprain in your knee. Go see a doctor asap. Knee injuries suck. I hurt my right knee as a kid. Was running at recess and slipped on the concrete steps and jammed my right knee under the knee cap right into the edge of the step. Hurt like hell too. I never got it looked at and just iced it. Now it cracks and snaps when i walk up and down stairs. And just bend them as if sitting or kneeling. I know thier gonna be arthritic later in life. I can already feel weather changes in them. And they hurt like hell at times too. Especailly my right one. Good luck with it. Hope you get the right advice.
                            Gil
                            P.s. Hey admins why does the auto spell check say Charvel is spelled wrong? lol

Comment

Poke it with a fork!!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X