PRETENSE 1st track from our demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRETENSE 1st track from our demo

OK...this may have confused some of you when I posted it under my other "Snippet" thread.

This is the FULL VERSION of the song "HEADGAME" from our 3 song demo, hot off the press!

It's me and the wife doing the "metalcore growl" in the background vocals....LOL! Gimme some feedback and let me know what y'all think! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

PRETENSE_HEADGAME

Re: PRETENSE 1st track from our demo

Very cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The background growling sounds like Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson together! Though, the vocals seem to be a little loud and overpowering the music a little, IMO. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude, your singer kicks ass. And I don't even like that style of vocal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Not a single "and the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIGHT!" style high-pitched squeal. He doesn't sound like he's been neutered. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Badass song in general, really. That snare HAS to go though. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
        Dude, your singer kicks ass. And I don't even like that style of vocal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Not a single "and the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIGHT!" style high-pitched squeal. He doesn't sound like he's been neutered. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Badass song in general, really. That snare HAS to go though. Yikes.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool BM...thanks dooood!!.....but the snare sound?!
        I was quite proud of the crack I got out of it!
        (not the crack you smoke....the crack of the snare drum!...LOL). Funny...the singer USED to sing with high-pitched squeals and stuff...then we told him think "Phil" (Anselmo)...and the transformation happened...LOL!

Comment

I think the snare sound is cool! The more I listen to it, I think the singer sounds like a cross between Phil Anselmo and Bobby Ellsworth from Overkill. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            Very cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The background growling sounds like Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson together! Though, the vocals seem to be a little loud and overpowering the music a little, IMO. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe, I told the wife to conjure up her witchiest growl for thos vocal parts...and when she hit them in the studio...I almost wet myself it sounded so freeking cool!!...we're gonna bump her (and mine) up in the final mix, and knock Rob back a notch or two (or three...LOL)
            Thanks dood! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, we posted at the same time! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'll have to come over and pick up a cd when you're done, it's definitely killer!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 03, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Not my kind of stuff but that sounded nicccccce! I'm a big fan of that snare and the singer's got a very cool voice. You guys sound great! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Singer reminds me of the dude from Flotsam & Jetsam!

Tell your wifey her witchy scream creeped me out!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The snare just doesn't have any BODY to it. The snap's fine, but there isn't and THUD behind it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool Ken! All the vocals sound awesome! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Thanks Dave, Ron and Joe! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

BM....I hear ya about the snare...your ear doesn't betray you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...it's a steel-shelled piccolo snare I used...If I had used my 14x8 maple Tama snare, that body would've been there.

Comment

Working...
                        X