Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest Music Collection ***Sold!***

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Worlds-Great...QQcmdZViewItem

Holy... I would have figured it would have gone for way more then that.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Impressive. The winning bidder has negative feedback though, hehe.

Comment

yike! Less than a buck an piece
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Check out the extras!

The new owner of this magnificent collection will also acquire (1) the rights to Spin-Clean, the owner's patented vinyl record cleaning system, considered the best on the market by audiophiles the world over, (2) the rights to Discmist CD cleaner, (3) CD Saver 2-part archival CD storage sleeves, (4)Yellow Jacket 45 RPM acid-free archival storage sleeves, (5) ownership of the owner's six publishing companies and eight independent record labels, and (7) more than $100,000 worth of antique recording and listening devices and other music memorabilia currently on loan to a museum.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Should have sold it when someone offered him $20mill the tit
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

yeah wierd he didn't sell it for more. wow. the winner gets the rights to shedloads as well....

Comment

Who could pass that up with this offfer:

Winning bid: US $3,002,150.00

$10 back with a new eBay MasterCard

Comment

Now the question is, how the hell does one move all that and where to put it. That would probably easily take up most 2,000 square foot houses

Comment

I only have 2 750 sqft mobilehomes. I really like records but not that much.:ROTF: Irony. I just bought a very cool Technics turntable.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I heard on the news that the winning bidder is in Ireland. Shipping is gonna be expensive.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Holy SHit
                      Holy SHit
                      Holy SHit
                      Holy SHit
                      Holy SHit

I can't believe that went for 3 mil, omfg!!
                      I wonder who the hell it is that bought it?? I really would have expected someone like Paul Allen to buy it, being a music fanatic as he is.
                      I really hope this has went to a secure place where it will be cared for like the original owner had intended.
                      What a friking insane score for the buyer

Comment

They cancelled the 'buyers' account yesterday. He'll either hit the next highest or relist. Quite the shipment on that. You'd need a section of a freighter and 2-3 of those huge crane lifted containers.

Comment

I wouldn't trade

I'm extremely proud of my METAL library of nearly 8000 cds. It really keeps me busy replacing jewel cases while weeding to make room for incoming stuff. I'm pretty content listening to whatever I grab at random..

I have friends who collect like I do..but I can see they are not the "elitist" I am by a quick glance. There is certain pieces that truly make a collection special IMO...no matter of taste!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a collection of albums that haven't even been released yet. Two days ago I found a CD from a band that THEY thought was lost. I had a burn of their final mix, and then the masters got erased, so I own the only copy of that music.

:ROTF:

I also have Capitol Records albums that will never get released due to bands getting dropped.

Comment

Working...
                            X