X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUINTUPLE tracked Randy Rhoads solo :D

Ok, so I got carried away. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://members.cox.net/twisteramps/GoodbyeToRomance.mp3

I found a backing track for the solo to goodbye to romance, so I did 5 solos, and layered em. 100L, 50L, 0, 50R, and 100R. Each solo was a different amp on my pod XT - I can't remember which was which, but the following models were used:

Soldano SLO
    Dual Rectifier
    JCM800 w/Tube Screamer
    Line 6 Insane
    Line 6 Spinal Puppet

Guitar on all tracks was a Wolfgang Standard, quickly becoming my instrument of choice [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You can hear all the guitars on the first fast run - each of the solos was a first or second take, and the first quick run was a little off on a few. It makes it sound kinda cool tho! The last quick part was a lot better synchronization wise. I didn't punch in on any of the solos either. This was fun!

Pete

Pete

Re: QUINTUPLE tracked Randy Rhoads solo

WARNING! Extreme wankage incoming. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That is one real cool clip, really cool tone. Also, extremely well played. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now that was fat! I actually really liked the way the different tracks separated on that first quick run. Very cool.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice job Pete. It was almost [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] note for note!!! I have to be a little critical, after all, I did make it to the final 4 at the open audition to replace my fallen hero Randy. You nailed Randy's great tone/chops and feel. By the way, my Wolfs are my primary guitars now too and yours sounds great!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I liked it....nice job

Comment

Very nice!

By any chance, do you recall where you got the backing track?

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
              I have to be a little critical, after all, I did make it to the final 4 at the open audition to replace my fallen hero Randy.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who were some of the others?
              #2, #3, #5, etc
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That was really Great Pete. WOW!!!!

Derek

Comment

Pretty cool Pete, nice job too. I love double and triple tracking solos...makes them sound larger than life. Being a hair out of time between them is what makes them sound interesting ...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sounds awesome!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That was great Pete! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Love the multi-tracks, they sound just like it. I should be getting my XT in a couple of days, maybe you could give me some advice when I need it?

Dave-&gt;
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Pete....without words to describe.... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

nice!....very nice! I love the delays between each of the runs in the one part!

Comment

I don't remember who the other 3 were in the finals but they were all from local popular club acts like I was.The only difference was that I was the only one that was strictly from an opening act band. My band Aftershock opened for Twisted Sister and Zebra on a regular basis all over the tri-state area. We were all originals but when we would open for Twisted we would do a bunch of their songs and the crowd would boo, shout Twisted-Twisted over and over and throw stuff and get really crazy. Their roadie's loved it. I actually got the audition for Ozzy from a roadie from Anthrax who hooked me up. We used to rehearse right next to Anthrax at Trilogy Studios in New Rochelle, NY in the early 80's. I remember when they got signed because the hallway at Trilogy was packed with empty Marshall cartons and all kinds of equipment. The next day they were gone. They were so good that fans would stand on the sidewalk right on top of the metal doors that led into the basement where Trilogy was located and listen to them. Rain, snow, any weather. It didn't matter. They rocked and were the first band to play speed metal that anybody ever heard.Anyway, the audition was held in NY at L'Amour's in Brooklyn which was a really popular large rock club back in the day. There was Chris Risola from Red Alert who was playing with Mike Matijevic and eventually formed Steelheart but he wasn't there. Michael Matevich from Steelheart was the first lead singer in my band in High School. He was from Greenwich, CT. Chris is a fantastic player and taught alot of players around here. I know that Oz held auditions in CA also. He probably did a lot of private auditions also. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ June 05, 2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: jgcable ]

Comment

Good pickin Bro!

Comment

was this the audition that Jake E Lee ended up winning?

Comment

Working...
                              X