Growing up. Mixed messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing up. Mixed messages.

I'm talking politics here. I'm 57. My fraternal grandfather fought, kinda, in WW1. He went to France. When he came back, he became a Card Carrying Communist. He married a nice Mormon lady. My maternal grandfather was as about as conservative as they come. He was a semi-famous doctor. And his wfe was just a toad. Then, I found out years ago that my dad was a Commie for awhile. My mom was beyond Liberal. So what was I do as a kid growing up? Well, here is what I figured out. At no time did anyone of these people try to influence me by talking the talk. I am firmly convinced that an individual has all the power. But, I also realize that I have my Commie granddad's genes. Discuss
    Last edited by fett; 02-20-2008, 05:48 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

What the hell does any of that even mean?

I guess it means a Fuckedupfett? Sounds like it...

So from now on, I blame your parents...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Well, here is what I figured out. At no time did anyone of these people try to influence me by talking the talk.
      Have you had a strange taste in headgear since childhood? Perhaps seeing a three year old Fett running around in a viking helmet trying to score bargain bin pork chops left them all thinking 'what's the fucking point?'...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        What the hell does any of that even mean?

I guess it means a Fuckedupfett? Sounds like it...

So from now on, I blame your parents...
        :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
          Have you had a strange taste in headgear since childhood? Perhaps seeing a three year old Fett running around in a viking helmet trying to score bargain bin pork chops left them all thinking 'what's the fucking point?'...
          Good one...

Comment

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
            Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post

Comment

It means everything. Where do you guys get your Mind Set? How and why? It's why the world has so many factions. It's why I can be what I am. It's about brainwashing. It is the "World". And I, for one, think I will be fett and let the rest of you figure it out.

Comment

BTW. Fuck OFF.:ROTF:

Comment

BTW. Fuck OFF.:ROTF:
                  Your first go on your Etch A Sketch?

Comment

I am nothing like my parents.
                    I'm a Republican (on the more moderate side) and my Mom is a die hard liberal Democrat.
                    Don't know what my dad is (from a political beliefs standpoint) as he wasn't around during my youth (from age 8 to 22). I know he and I think similarly now, but I did not discover this until I was in my mid 20's and started talking to him again.

So while I believe our parents can have some influence in our political beliefs, those of us who have a mind of our own will develop into what WE like and not what our parents say we should be like.
                    If that makes any sense.
                    -Rick

Comment

It means everything. Where do you guys get your Mind Set? How and why? It's why the world has so many factions. It's why I can be what I am. It's about brainwashing. It is the "World". And I, for one, think I will be fett and let the rest of you figure it out.
                      I'm having a hard time getting anything out of that post. What is it you are trying to say?

You are always trying to "explain" why you are what you are. And to prove that your way of doing things is better than the rest of us. It's different, but not better. Is this another one of those?

I get it. Hell, I bet WE ALL get it. Your different. You had a colorful life. You had colorful parents. You buy cheap, used stuff. Not all of it is junk. You save money that way. You use that saved money to buy a 30 year old van with a gas leak...

So is this just another thread to prove that you are doing "life" right while the rest of us are wrong? That's what I get out of most of your posts. I'm thinking this is more of the same...

Not to really rip on you fett but I don't see what you are trying to say. I get you think we need to be enlightened to your way of life/thinking. But putting yourself out there like you do will always garner responses like you have got...

All that and the Natural Ice. That shit is killing you man...

Comment

Once you people stop breaking my balls, kinda makes you wonder how you turned out like you did. I am not trying to convince you to be me. That would not do at all. For so many reasons. I was just throwing out a thought.
                        Last edited by fett; 02-20-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Once you people stop breaking my balls, kinda makes yoiu wonder how you turned out like you did.
                          Put your balls out there to get broke and they most likely will...

I know where I came from. No mystery there...

Comment

My parents are Democrats because my Dad's Labor Union say they HAVE to be. Anyway, we once had a conversation that went kind of like this.

Mom: I can't believe you have turned out so different from us.

Me: What do you mean? Because I don't vote for someone because someone tells me to?

Dad: It was my damn Labor Union dollars that paid for your Business Degree.

Me: Well, that's a little ironic. It was my Business School and my Finance Degree that made me a conservative.

:ROTF:

Needless to say, we don't discuss politics over Thanksgiving dinner.

I guess I need to change my name to Alex P. Keaton.

Comment

Who influenced you? Did you come to be you out of the blue?

Comment

Working...
                              X