just finished kinda stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just finished kinda stuff

here's a new one. it's different than my usual sappy crud, since i'm trying to progress at writing different types of stuff. let me know what you think, be brutal with critiques, it's the only way to learn [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] thanks

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/mark//clint10.mp3

[ May 31, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: markpb ]

Re: just finished kinda stuff

I just finished to listen.

It's a nice work that needs to be finished. I liked the guitars, but it gets a litlle monotonous after a while. The drums sounded to me more like a distraction rather than something that helps the track to grow strong. Maybe changing the samples may help, but i think you will be better redoing the drum parts and adding some sparkle to it, like breaks and toms.
    I'd like to give it another listen when it's finished. The bass guitar was really missed i must add.

(just my two cents though)

Keep on rockin' dude!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

thanks for the commentary,dude,very helpful. an objective opinion is refreshing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

monotonous - you probably mean the section after the slow part - you're right, it needs some zing...
      drums - i just programmed it in fruityloops, i don't have a drum machine.fruityloops doent lend itself to complex lines, too difficult. I need to buy a machine, i guess.
      bass - i knew someone would bring that up (it needs it all right) and i'll be adding bass or a reasonable facsimile as soon as i can.

thanks again bro. P.S. post your vampire tune as a separate post, i think people may be missing it [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool. The bit where the solo goes kinda foreign kicks ass. I agree that the second time the riff goes in needs work. Maybe try to think up a better intro....? I dunno, maybe its just the drums.

Comment

The guitars on that are really cool. It would be great to hear that with full backing tracks.
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

alllllll righty then: i fixed it up a bit, added some zing here and there, changed a part or two and mixed it different. the ending is better now i think. still no bass but i am trying to rig up some bass and keyboard samples this weekend, i'll see how that goes. comments on the new version? any input welcome! I am looking also at sound cards, any advice for a total newbie??

Comment

Shred-a-rific! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks bro!! I guess I'll have to try harder next time...*sniff* it obviously wasn't good enough to deserve a sarcastic/insulting picture *sniff* [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] .would be really cool with a real drummer. I like the harmony...What did you use to record with?
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

*sniff* "I hate you" *sniff* thats the nicest thing anyone ever said to me...*sniff sniff*(reaching for hankie)... wwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] thanks bro, your comments/jokes/sarcastic remarks/bizzare Mp3's are always welcome. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments Shawn, much appreciated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] To records this, it was:

Guitar Trax Pro
                    Pod 2.0
                    PRS CE24 for the bulk of the tune
                    Jackson SL1 for the middle lead
                    Fender Strat Plus for a short clean bit near the end
                    A low end soundblaster card of some sort (upgrade needed), and the Fruityloops drum thing that comes with Guitar Trax (upgrade needed). Nobody likes Fruityloops, but it's all I have at the moment and at least you can program it fairly easily.

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I hate you [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X