Missed Big Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Big Bucks

I am not a precious metals guy. But, I been around for awhile. I was around when gold and platinum were both about 300 per ounce. Well, gold is in the $900 range. Plaitinum? $3000.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Ditto.

I remember in Nov 2001 thinking "Should I buy gold"?

Comment

Does this mean our JCF memberships are going up?
      "POOP"

Comment

Here is what just breaks my balls. When I was working at a thrifstore, the computer dude was bragging that he became a millionaire because his granddad left him a shitbox of gold coins. And that was when gold was under 300 per oz.

Comment

good news for me
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have to think real hard. I made our wedding rings out of 1 oz Kreugerrands. They were a $186 a pop in 1977. Mine is long gone. But I still have my wife's. Since when are metals like gold just jewelry and memories.? The commodities are the next to crash.

Comment

In 98 I bought a bunch of Platinum Eagles for $325 oz. Sold them off a few at a time over the next 2 years.

Wished I would have kept them. Still got me some Gold Centenarios.
              Last edited by VinceV; 02-19-2008, 06:13 PM.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Working...
              X