Gas tank leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank leak

I'm not having a very good day. That fancy van I bought has a leak in the tank. He told me it was there so I knew. As long as I kept it about a 1/3 of a tank life was good. But, I just put $40 of gas in and now it it dripping like a faucet. About one drip a second. Please tell there is an easy fix.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Chewing gum?
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Pull up a lawn chair, fire up a smoke, and think about it for a minute.
      "POOP"

Comment

It's a very small hole. I know I am killing the world with my little leak. I put a pan there to catch the drips, but I have no idea how much has to leak out before it stops.

Comment

J-B Weld.
          Works every time.
          -Rick

Comment

drain it remove it and soder it with lead. It's not very hard. Give me a pm if you want.

Comment

Drain 15 gallons of gas? And just what do you propose I do with it? I'm more into just letting the gas leak out. God. Please let it be a quart or two. . Once the dripping stops, I'm into a big patch. I thought my days of crawling under cars was over. And then I do what I always do. Buy something very cool; very used; very cheap and have to fixxing fuck it.

Comment

At the price of gas, you might be leaking a guitar per hour

Comment

Fix it right. Either remove the tank and get it sealed or just replace it. If you want to do a quick fix, JB Weld or a screw and rubber washer. Me...I'd fix it right. A replacement tank is probably cheap enough.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This van is a keeper. It just keeps running better and better as I put miles on it. I just hate the fact that I am going to have to get underneath it to find the hole. Until I decide what to do, I'll let in drip out and drive it until the dripping stops. I sincerely don't like the fact that I am letting raw gasoline drip out. But until it stops, I am stuck.

Comment

Why don't you ask junior to put down the toy and help old dad out? By the way, I've used JB Weld on sprinkler systems and if the area that leaks is not completely dry, you might as well be pissing in the wind.
                      "POOP"

Comment

If it is a blacktop/ashfault driveway, the gas will eat right into it.

Comment

Ergo, the pan.

Comment

Just replace the tank.
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Find where the leak is then run it to the point that the leak stops. Most auto parts sell a two part putty that will do the trick. It's in two parts but it comes in role like cookie dough. You cut off the amount you need then use a putty knife to combine the two parts. If the hole is small this stuff will work great. The down side will be if the van sat for a period of time and tank is rusting through. In that situation the whole thing will need to be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                              X