China Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Recommendations

My drummer is now in the market for a 20" China since he hasn't bought one in like 15 years and is now outta the loop. Also our local shopping is limited to a cpl stores etc... What you guys recommend??
    Last edited by sl2lover; 02-19-2008, 12:38 PM.
    I love admins!

what music does he play? how hard he hits? is versatility important?
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I just thought that you were going to China for vacation and needed some good places to go.It seems like I was wrong..
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Check out Wuhans - cheap, but make sure to go hit a couple - very inconsistent quality, not something to order online...but there are good ones out there...my 18" sounds like a trash can lid (got it for free), but I've heard others that are pretty good...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
          I just thought that you were going to China for vacation and needed some good places to go.It seems like I was wrong..
          I thought he was wanting to know about the fine china you set your table with:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            for cymbals he should go to Turkey, that's where the best cymbal makers are
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Funny bastards as always!!

He's looking to spend about 200ish max, and prefers a new one. I'd like to get a hand hammered Sabian cuz they're the better sounding ones I've heard locally! But they ain't no 200 bucks!!
              I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                for cymbals he should go to Turkey, that's where the best cymbal makers are
                Yeah, there are a lot of good cymbal makers here.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

i really like the zildjian oriental china trash. i use a 14" on my drum kit. it cuts very well and has a tight decay. it sounds GORGEOUS on recordings and has been very durable. i have used it for 7 years now and it is in perfect condition. my drummer recently bought an 18" version. he loves it as well.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'll have too look into those! He's stuck on a 20" though, and he's alreday got a 10" AAX that sounds wicked!!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Is the answer 42" Long by Andrew Dice Clay?
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                        Check out Wuhans - cheap, but make sure to go hit a couple - very inconsistent quality, not something to order online...but there are good ones out there...my 18" sounds like a trash can lid (got it for free), but I've heard others that are pretty good...
                        I got a Wuhan China cymbal from Musician's Friend a couple years ago... it sounds pretty good. Actually, I think it was free with a 3-piece cymbal pack. I haven't played my drum set in awhile, so I can't remember if it's an 18" or 20".
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X