I need a good shower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a good shower.

I love taking a shower! I bathe two times a day most of the days in a given week. I know there are people who bathe two times daily and there are those who dont bathe daily.

As you can tell, I am very picky about the shower-head. More like the Seinfeld episode where they go out looking for a nice shower-head. I replaced an old shower head cause it was acting all weird, with a brand new (not an expensive one tho) shower-head. It worked beautifully for the first two weeks or so...and now its back to acting like my old shower-head. If I unscrew it and bang it on the wall a few times, it starts working well for a few days. I've experienced the same at my old rental place where I replaced two shower heads and both started acting the same way.

My room-mate used to ask "What's your obsession with these shower-heads. A shower is a shower." So, just wondering what level of obsession other people have with the shower/shower-heads.
    Sam

Sounds like you have hard water. Take off the head and clean it out, or use a stiif brush and scrub the faceplate of the shower.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Get one that has a long hose that detaches. The women love them.:ROTF: And they do work really well for those hard to reach places.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        Get one that has a long hose that detaches. The women love them.:ROTF: And they do work really well for those hard to reach places.
        Yes, I've seen those. Those are nice.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          Get one that has a long hose that detaches. The women love them.:ROTF:
          This is a very smart piece of fett-wisdom.

Comment

I cant live with out a detatchable shower head. I generally alter the ones that I buy so the water preasure is higher. They generally have a piece of plastic in them that governs the water preasure. I like the preasure to be to the point that you could remove paint off a wall. I remove that part and they work great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
              I cant live with out a detatchable shower head. I generally alter the ones that I buy so the water preasure is higher. They generally have a piece of plastic in them that governs the water preasure. I like the preasure to be to the point that you could remove paint off a wall. I remove that part and they work great.
              Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. My shower is good for that, but when I'm visiting my folks... grr.. they have the feeblest of shower pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                That's a good idea. Now, I remember... In my previous place, I had asked the maintenance guy to remove it. I'll give that a shot.
                Sam

Comment

Try a Golden one. Plenty of water, don't eat any asparagus, put down a plastic sheet, happy days.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    Try a Golden one. Plenty of water, don't eat any asparagus, put down a plastic sheet, happy days.
                    Eeewww

Detachable heads seem popular in Europe.

Shower heads don't thrill me. Whatever works.

I think I've discovered the source of the California water shortage

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Eeewww

I think I've discovered the source of the California water shortage
                      :ROTF::ROTF:

what water shortage??
                      Sam

Comment

my girls take hour showers. so i bought one that is more like a mister. pissed them off big time.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I have a very old Teledyne that I like so much, that when the plastic threaded part split, I epoxied it back together and rethreaded it. I tried two new ones, no way they match that old one.
                          And, it had a low-flow restrictor in it. Removed that, and life is good.

Comment

True Story:

I once knew a girl who could only reach orgasm if she was being butt-fucked standing up in a shower. I was like the Man From Fucking Atlantis until I got tired of her, I was developing prune-like skin. God knows what her Mum & Dad thought about a scruffy git like me turning up at their house and "forcing" their little angel to have a nice long shower. Eeh, the things teenage hormones will make you do, I must have had balls of steel.

Oh, and Absolut, I really hate to tell you this, and it will probably give you nightmares, but you KNOW that any female who spends an hour in a shower has probably got a squeaky clean man-in-a-canoe, don't you? Yep, thought so, sorry. Women and shower heads, the original love story before the invention of the Rampant Rabbit.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I used to have this problem too before we installed a water softening system... Just take the shower head off and soak it in a bowl of vinegar for a while. It will dissolve the hard water build up. You have to do this every so often depending on how hard your water is. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X