• Show
Clear All

• Kimbo vs. Tank

Anyone else catch the beating?
    EAOS: 28JUN09

No.

Comment

Yup....MMA hasn't been too popular here...lol

Tank was a trooper though...I just think its funny how they said THIS fight legitimizes Kimbo and a true mixed marshal artist??? WTF? That was nothing but street. I do think Kimbo is going to prove that he is legit, with Bas training him but...Tonight was not that time...lol
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Where there folding chairs involved?
        Secret ketchup packets to fake blood?
        Big ass belts used for beatings?
        body slams on flimsy tables?
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I have a feeling as soon as Kimbo goes up against someone who does more than try and throw haymakers he'll be done. knockout punches don't mean a thing if you don't get the chance to throw them.
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
            I have a feeling as soon as Kimbo goes up against someone who does more than try and throw haymakers he'll be done. knockout punches don't mean a thing if you don't get the chance to throw them.
            I agree. I'm surprised Tank agreed to fight since he's way past his prime. I'd like to see Kimbo fight Ken Shamrock next. Now that'd be a much better match up.
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
              I agree. I'm surprised Tank agreed to fight since he's way past his prime. I'd like to see Kimbo fight Ken Shamrock next. Now that'd be a much better match up.
              Oddly enough, that's the deal that has been inked. I read on Sherdog.net this morning that EliteXC is lining up K. Shamrock vs. Kimbo in the near future.

Does Kimbo have a lot to prove? Yes. Has Kimbo proven a lot? Yes.

There is no one that can withstand a shot from Kimbo. However, what is unknown is how well he defends take-downs against a top-tier fighter. Too bad he's knocked everyone out within seconds thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                Oddly enough, that's the deal that has been inked. I read on Sherdog.net this morning that EliteXC is lining up K. Shamrock vs. Kimbo in the near future.

Does Kimbo have a lot to prove? Yes. Has Kimbo proven a lot? Yes.

There is no one that can withstand a shot from Kimbo. However, what is unknown is how well he defends take-downs against a top-tier fighter. Too bad he's knocked everyone out within seconds thus far.
                And I would like to add that it's also unknown how well Kimbo can take a good shot. We'll just have to wait and see.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  Where there folding chairs involved?
                  Secret ketchup packets to fake blood?
                  Big ass belts used for beatings?
                  body slams on flimsy tables?
                  I hate pro wrestling...This is the antithesis of that...

A few former pro wrestlers have crossed over because they have the balls and know it is the future...but if it ever becomes too political like hockey, baseball etc...or crooked like boxing...or gay like Pro Wrestling...I'll not bother with it...for now...it is the most honest sport around...No fake blood…or stupid soap operas.

Comment

Kimbo is a fucking JOKE. Pitch him against a real fighter and he's going to get his ass mauled so hard his grandchildren's grandchildren will need braces.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I agree but...He might be hard to take down...and his is training under Bas Rutten...That guy is simply one of the greatest. But there is NO reason to think he is all that as a mixed MA based on what we have seen. Thats for sure.

Bas is funny as hell too...this isn't to shocase him...Just funny as hell...gotta watch the last scenario! LOL
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNXRInrSSVU

Comment

Once again, EliteXC was 1000% better than any UFC event has been for the last year or so.

Kimbo rocked, i'd love to see him fight Robby Lawler... that dude is a mean MF'er.

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                          A few former pro wrestlers have crossed over because they have the balls and know it is the future
                          I would love to see a few more wrestling stars try to make it in the UFC only to get their asses kicked!

Comment

Brock got beat fair and square...but...He also took Mir down a pounded him good, two times in that short fight...

The first time they were stood up because of punches to the back of the head...Bad call on the refs part. Mir turned as the punch was thrown...I have never seen a ref stop and take a point so fast...Should have just told him to watch it a couple times...I have seen MUCH worse...Shit Kimbo smoked Tank in the back of the head about 3 x...and that was clearly on purpose because Tanks head was always down.

I think Brock will become a great superweight.

Comment

There would be no contest in a "fight"..Brock would kill Mir.

Same goes for Tank..in his prime.

I think
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X