No announcement yet.

Headbangers Ball not on tonight. Why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headbangers Ball not on tonight. Why??

Anyone know why?? All they have is that Viva La Bam stuff...
    I can't find anything out on MTV2's website. Just wondered if anyone knew why it wasn't on.

It hasn't been on for me for ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      It hasn't been on for me for ten years.

That's true for the one that used to be on regular MTV, but the one on MTV2 has been on for a while recently. It was hosted for a while by the Hatebreed singer, but not anymore.

But, to answer the original question, no I don't know why. Honestly, I usually find myself watching the Metal Mania on VH1 Classic, which is basically the older stuff they played on the original HB ball. It starts at midnite on Sats, but there's a cool doc on Hendrix that's on right now. Man, he's impressive to watch!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
        That's true for the one that used to be on regular MTV, but the one on MTV2 has been on for a while recently. It was hosted for a while by the Hatebreed singer, but not anymore.

But, to answer the original question, no I don't know why. Honestly, I usually find myself watching the Metal Mania on VH1 Classic, which is basically the older stuff they played on the original HB ball. It starts at midnite on Sats, but there's a cool doc on Hendrix that's on right now. Man, he's impressive to watch!
        I reread my comment. Sorry. I've looked at the M2 ones, and ever since cookie monster vocals started, they have kind of lost me. It's a personal opinion. The music is there, and getting better, but when I hear the vocalist start praying to the Porcelain God, puking, I just lose all interest.
        Esplain it, Lucy, I just don't get it.

Comment

HBB has been off the air here for the last two weeks. no explanation why
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            I reread my comment. Sorry. I've looked at the M2 ones, and ever since cookie monster vocals started, they have kind of lost me. It's a personal opinion. The music is there, and getting better, but when I hear the vocalist start praying to the Porcelain God, puking, I just lose all interest.
            Esplain it, Lucy, I just don't get it.

It's an aqcuired taste.
            I hated it at first as well, but now, if the vocalist has a good growl, style and timbre, and utilized in a stylistic way, i dig it. I agree it's overdone, and there is some real crap rehash vocals out there in mtv land, but there are bands that were innovators of the style, that are crushing, and the sound just fits the music. Suffocation!

Comment

See...It's starting already!

We'll be bustin' nuts, rhymes and caps in no time!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It hasn't been on for me for ten years
                When it first came back it wasn't too bad with Scott Ian hosting . NOW mostly poop.

Comment

It might be temporary or it could be permanent. when MTV took the original HBB off the air there was no warning or statement, just one week it was on, and the next week they had Superrock instead, with some anoying alt chick hosting. That didn't last long, but that was the end of HBB; neither a bang nor a whimper, just gone....
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Did that channel Fuse ever get a metal show back? It used to be hosted by a quasi-goth chick and she interviewed decent bands. Oh, it was called Uranium.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Weird. I never watch the new HBB, but when I went to watch it last Saturday it was Viva La Bam. The show kinda sucks but at least it's putting metal out there.
                      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X