Tom Scholz and Mike Huckabee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Scholz and Mike Huckabee

If you haven't seen this yet, Tom Scholz has made a public complaint about Mike Huckabee using "More Than a Feeling" at his political rallies:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=4296535

I like the line where Tom says Huckabee should "stick to music recorded by far-right Republicans."

And I think secretly, down deep, what I'm most afraid of is that someday I could possibly end up looking like this:

please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

If you look real close and use your imagination - and think of him in make-up, leather and big boots - well, I think you know where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by dark_knight; 02-16-2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

That's what I thought...I heard he was a guitarist, then I saw him playing an electric bass.

WTF? How stupid is the mainstream media?
      Or did I miss something?

Comment

Huckabee is a lot of things but Far-right Republican ain't one.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
          Huckabee is a lot of things but Far-right Republican ain't one.
          What? When did this turn into a political thread?
          BTW, anyone who is a proud Christian is "Far Right Wing" to the same media that doesn't know the difference between a bassist, and a guitarist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            BTW, anyone who is a proud Christian is "Far Right Wing" to the same media that doesn't know the difference between a bassist, and a guitarist.
            ehhh..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nothing says rock & roll like a suit.
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=YbXopS12oH8
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Well, Tom has the right to have a problem with it.

I don't.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I heard Mick Mars has been donating time to the Clinton campaign.

Comment

Huckabee isn't using the song for a campaign song; he played it jamming with a band at some function. As long as Scholz gets his ASCAP fee for the performance he really has no more say in the matter.

He just heard about Mellencamp bitching at McCain for using "Our Country" and thought he'd get some press too. I think Mellencamp's a choad too; he doesn't mind using the song to sell pickup trucks (GOP free enterprise) but he's upset at McCain using it? I reckon Hillary or Obama don't want it anyway or one of them would be endorsed officially with it by John Cougar there.... Again, take your ASCAP fees and go home.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                      It turned into a political thread when it was first posted, since the thread is about Tom Scholz being pissed at a politician for playing his song in a jam. What else would it be?
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Huckabee isn't using the song for a campaign song; he played it jamming with a band at some function. As long as Scholz gets his ASCAP fee for the performance he really has no more say in the matter.
                        Not totally true. Huckabee is playing it live with Barry Goudreau who was the other guitarist in Boston for the first few years. Tom wrote, arranged, played all guitars and recorded that song. He wants it stopped because they have been passing it off as Goudreau being the original boston guitarist and that Huckabee has the bans endorsement ...
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          It turned into a political thread when it was first posted, since the thread is about Tom Scholz being pissed at a politician for playing his song in a jam. What else would it be?

Um, that was part of the "joke".

Comment

What I find funny, is that bass he's playing. That's a cheap-ass Rogue bass. Those things have particle board bodies. That's right, it's not even plywood. :ROTF::ROTF:

BTW - Huckabee's a twat!!
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              What I find funny, is that bass he's playing. That's a cheap-ass Rogue bass. Those things have particle board bodies. That's right, it's not even plywood. :ROTF::ROTF:

BTW - Huckabee's a twat!!
                              I had one of those several years ago and it had a solid wood body. It was probably agathis but it was definitely solid wood, I took the neck off to check.

also, I've seen pics with him using a P-bass as well, so I don't know if those are his basses or if he's picking up whatever the band at the event is using. Probably depends on the event.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X