Anyone still use Corning Ware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still use Corning Ware?

I know I do. Like in the old white ones. The casserole dishes just kick ass. Ask your Mama.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Ok Fett you have crossed the line. Now you are really reaching.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Not at all. There are real cookers out there. The old Corning Ware cookware beats all this new stuff all to hell. So does cast iron. I may be a cheap meat guru, but when I cook up that stuff I use quality vintage pots and pans to do it. It really does make a difference.
      Last edited by fett; 02-16-2008, 04:46 PM.

Comment

So, do `vintage` pots and pans get mojo like guitars?

Comment

Ask the people that know why they pay big bucks for vintage cookware. I have paid for a few Squiers selling pots and pans. You young pups just don't get it.

Comment

Yes.
            Another gift from Mom.
            Right up there with the Regal pots.

Next, utensils...

Comment

yeah, my folks still have thiers.

Comment

Laugh all you want. In my trailer Revere riides again. And Griiswold ain't Chevy Chase.
                Last edited by fett; 02-16-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Cast Iron cooking tastes a hell of alot better than fuckin teflon cooking! I have a ton of cast iron

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    Laugh all you want. In my trailer Revere riides again. And Griiswold ain't Chevy Chase.
                    And Cutco aint no ginsu!:ROTF: Remember the Cutco scissors that would cut a penny in half?

Comment

Copper is the best conductor of heat for stove top. cast is good that you can go from stove top to oven and they are good for even cooking too, just not as good as copper. plus they are heavy. but seasoning the cast can be a pain and nasty. they become magnets for animal hair, dust or any thing that comes by. i like Pryex myself.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I have cast. It's so old it cooked for lumberjacks in northern New Hampshire, Maine, and Canada. I have old pots, stainless, so thick you could break a tire over them. I have Corning ware, entire sets, not just the cookware. I have Pyrex, baking dishes and measuring cups. I have a New Braunfels grille. I have 1950's bakelite handles on my cooking utensils. I have nice japanese stainless flatware. So, what's the point?
                        It doesn't make me, or my wife, a great cook. She can fry an egg in her no-stick teflon that tastes the same as my bacon-fried iron skillet ones. It's a alot more than just the wares...

Comment

I heard that cooking with cast iron pots adds beneficial iron to your diet. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            I heard that cooking with cast iron pots adds beneficial iron to your diet. Really.
                            I never heard that, but who knows it may be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              I have cast. It's so old it cooked for lumberjacks in northern New Hampshire, Maine, and Canada. I have old pots, stainless, so thick you could break a tire over them. I have Corning ware, entire sets, not just the cookware. I have Pyrex, baking dishes and measuring cups. I have a New Braunfels grille. I have 1950's bakelite handles on my cooking utensils. I have nice japanese stainless flatware. So, what's the point?
                              It doesn't make me, or my wife, a great cook. She can fry an egg in her no-stick teflon that tastes the same as my bacon-fried iron skillet ones. It's a alot more than just the wares...
                              So what's wrong with the perception of something tasting better in older cookware? You don't have to share that sentiment if you don't want to :ROTF: I think food tastes better fried in cast, just my perception or my experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X