Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying out our new singer today!

wish me luck. i hope he gels well!

Good luck Sonic, I hope you find what your'e looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
      Good luck Sonic, I hope you find what your'e looking for.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        +1
        +1
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

well. Tried him out and...if has a decent range. Capable of some power. Came up with some nice melodies on our slower stuff despite not hearing the song before today. Timing was a little off but then so was ours coz the drummer was ill and not there. And to be fair that was his first time singing our stuff. Seems to have a fair bit of experience with choirs.

Comment

So what do you think? Is he a keeper?

Comment

i think there is potential there. So yeah. I think once he knows the songs it will be good. It felt really good just playing and be able to get more into the songs as a player

Comment

Very Cool Sonic, It's a different world on the fingerboard when you don't have to worry about vocals.

Comment

singing is like playing guitar without ever looking at the fretboard. I'd like to be a singer but no way

I'm glad it went well sonic, hope he gets used to the band shortly
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Not that my Pig Gig band ever counted for much, but I will say our lead singr was the strongest point.
                    I worked with this guy in the State Park service, and we had a casette player in our work truck. He could sing Judas Priest, AC/DC (Bon Scot), and a bunch of top forty type rock, so I asked him to try out in our band. The thing was, he had presence! He was a bit shaky at first on the actual vocals, but he dominated the stage, and engaged the audience. That's the trick.

Comment

A singer means everything IMO. Personally, I don't even bother with a band unless I have a great singer to work with. Vocals are 50% of the music...so it can really make or break a band.

Good luck man!!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                      X