X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another College Shooting

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/niu_shooting
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

This kinda shit just didn't happen back in the day when parents would actually dish out some discipline to their kids. Back in the day when kids exhibited this kinda behavior, you knocked them on their ass. Now a days you have to let the kids express themselves and explore their feelings.

Matt

Comment

I have basically given up trying to understand assholes like this. I am purposely not going to read the article. There have been too many lately and the stories seem to be blurring into one another. My sympathies to all of the people and families involved. I can not imagine getting that call.

Comment

It all goes back to the VT shootings. they gave the kid what he wanted and made him famous. This is probably going to end up a similar deal...

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
          This kinda shit just didn't happen back in the day when parents would actually dish out some discipline to their kids. Back in the day when kids exhibited this kinda behavior, you knocked them on their ass.

Matt
          that's pretty much it
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
            This kinda shit just didn't happen back in the day when parents would actually dish out some discipline to their kids. Back in the day when kids exhibited this kinda behavior, you knocked them on their ass. Now a days you have to let the kids express themselves and explore their feelings.

Matt
            I'm not much of a fan of the easier softer way. I just don't get it, what the hell is wrong with these people?

Comment

Actually I think that college is much much more stressful these days than it was in the past, and that's what drives these kids towards suicide. Back in the 60s/70s college really was an optional thing that people went to in order to improve their knowledge and get a professional job. Nowadays if you don't have a college degree you're pretty much stuck being a retail manager. Combine that with kids who really aren't smart enough to make it through college and you get some immensely depressed people who feel the entire world is against them.
              Scott

Comment

This person was 27 years old. He was a kid no more.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

the guy went off his meds. He didn't even go there anymore. They say he bought the guns down state where was currently going to grad school. Bizarre that he came back to his old school to do this.
                  My wife's best friend's daughter goes there. I was very relieved that there was no phone call when I got home last night.

Comment

found out that the person I know's dorm is next to that building and was it the parking lot around the time the killer wound have arrived, went back upstairs for a few minutes and when they were leaving the ambulances were coming in. scary!

Comment

I don't hit my kids and they are pretty damn compassionate people...

It is more about the media and the fact that reporting this shit gets everyone off...

The media has planted this seed into the heads of everyone...I wonder how many distraught, fucked up people who have done these shootings, would have maybe just shot themselves if they hadn’t watched all the shit on the news all the time.

News = evil...sensationalizing all the bad shit that people talk about...freak out about...just so they can be the No 1 reporter...or anchor...or news team. All about $$$

The fact of the matter is…Most of the fucked up kids out there HAVE been smacked around and kept “In place” suppressed…They are the ones freaking out. My kids do not fear me…but they respect me because I am honest and they know they can trust me…Because of what comes out of my mouth…Truth!

Also…there have been many studies that show…per capita in comparison to all recorded history with the wars and shit…we are in the most peaceful times…so

Anyone who thinks we need to go back to the paddle and suppressing our kids mentally…It would appear that is not the answer…but the problem.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Fucked up. Those poor victims and families that have to deal with this. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          It all goes back to the VT shootings. they gave the kid what he wanted and made him famous. This is probably going to end up a similar deal...
                          The kid had mental issues. He stopped using his meds. He flipped out.

edit: Rich #6 beat me to it.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

This is so sad, and I don't have any idea what the solution is. I'm not a gun-control advocate by any means, but how do you keep weapons out of the hands of unstable people, or stable people with perfectly clean records who might go off their meds? My wife's best friend went off her meds recently (bipolar disorder), and she is downright scary to be around lately. She's a college philosophy prof, amazing artist, & one of the most brilliant people I've ever met, but right now she obsesses over minor shit that happened over 10 years ago, and is driving everyone away. Worse yet, she doesn't think anything is wrong. Watching this happen to her, I can see how someone who appears perfectly normal 99% of the time could snap & do something like this. 300 million people in this country, and it only takes 1 to wreak havoc. Scary.

Comment

One of the mgrs at work Used to go to NIU and had lunch with that guy a few times. he was kinda freaked out.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X