Dennis Hopper. The Ad guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Hopper. The Ad guy

He's hyping some financial firm. But this line; "Life is not a random roadtrip" has me stumpted. Are his writers trying to refer to "Easy Rider"? That was not a random roadtrip. It was from A to B with a tank full of drug money. Or is he saying; " We did our trip with a somewhat distorted sense of a destination."? Man.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

He's a corporate whore now...

Sad...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yeah. It's kinda sad. I grew up with him and I think his pitch to us 50 somethings is to laugh at. And he is having his private juckle as he puts it in the bank.
      Last edited by fett; 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        He's hyping some financial firm. But this line; "Life is not a random roadtrip" has me stumpted. Are his writers trying to refer to "Easy Rider"? That was not a random roadtrip. It was from A to B with a tank full of drug money. Or is he saying; " We did our trip with a somewhat distorted sense of a destination."? Man.
        You are probably one of the few who watched that movie in an unaltered state of mind, Fett. It doesn't have to be literally true anyway; it just has to elicit an emotional response. That response being "Dennis Hopper - Easy Rider. He USED to be one of us - maybe this financial firm is earth-friendly or something. Man, a doobie would sure be good about now!".

I know it's dark,but the shades stay on....
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah. That's the ticket.:ROTF:

Comment

You can't watch "Blue Velvet" and take this guy seriously.:ROTF:

Comment

They could be referring to 1967's the trip. Hard to say. I found the add odd not from Dennis possibly selling out but that they would use someone that was so off center. Hopper has not done too many movies that would fall into the mainstream.

Comment

He has played a lot of kooky roles in recent years. I guess the bills need paying regardless...
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

:ROTF:I love Hopper as an actor. Any movie he is in is a "Must Watch". But, for him to tell me what to do with my money is just a sell-out.

Comment

You can't watch "Blue Velvet" and take this guy seriously.:ROTF:
                    Good movie. Sing the Candy Colored Clown. Heineken? Fuck that shit. Pabst Blue Ribbon...........
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

No drugs on that one.:ROTF:

Comment

I always liked him as Feck from The Rivers Edge...

Comment

Ahh yes, the Ameriprise (formerly American Express Financial Advisors) commercial.
                          They always use big name actors to push their horrible services.
                          Shitty firm... I was so glad when they split to become their own company.
                          They lost money year after year for Amex.
                          I have no choice but to use them for my 401k.
                          Part of the deal when Amex spun them off. They got to retain the managment contract for all Amex employees 401k's.
                          -Rick

Comment

Anybody remember, "Flashback"? I had to Google for the title. But that is one great movie.

Comment

Anybody remember, "Flashback"? I had to Google for the title. But that is one great movie.
                              Dennis Hopper and Kiefer Sutherland. I saw that movie in the theater. I loved the scene where he makes Sutherland think he's tripping when they are playing chess...

It was a pretty good movie...

Comment

Working...
                              X