Roger Clemens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Clemens

I've been sort of following this witch hunt against Roger Clemens the past couple days. Although, I admit that I don't know every side of this story, I do feel this whole thing is a monumental crock of shit. Congress openly admits they know many players have used and currently use HGH. So, why single out a few?

My real issue with this whole thing is this: Who really gives a shit? It's a fucking game!! With all the problems with the world and especially the USA. Why are we wasting valuable time and resources on this? To prove a point? To ruin a man's life? To embarass him? For what? Does anyone really care?

I just think we sometimes take some of this stuff way too seriously. If a pro athelete is caught red handed juicing up, commiting a crime or not following the rules of the team, kick them the hell out with no second chance. Don't play cat and mouse games. I just think there are more important issues at hand than trying to embarass a pro baseball player. Because at the end of the day, that's all that will be accomplished.

Your thoughts?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

It's simple, using HGH is cheating. Just like insider trading is cheating. I hope they put asterisks by all the names of the cheaters. Trust me, this will be just like the lady runner who just fessed up a few months ago that the Olympic tests weren't "mistakes". She had really been cheating the whole time, but thought vehemently denying it would cause it to go away.

Fuggem fuggin cheaters.

Comment

You can't embarrass a player who has really done nothing wrong. Juicin is wrong. Clemens has outrightly been accused. He has to answer for that. That doesn't mean he's wrong, means he need to answer his accusers. NOW...if it's proven he's juiced..he needs to be tossed and any records he's set need to be erased. Same for McGwire, Sosa, Bonds..etc...if you played the game with an advantage over everyone else, your "records" don't count.

I'm not sayin Clemens is guilty, not at all. But if you have someone saying he SHOT HIM UP with the HGH etc..then we need to check it out. Although no matter how you look at it..any sport shouldn't be policed by CONGRESS..hello..that's a bit much. Why don't you fucks worry about the budget, the economy or I know..the WAR!!! Baseball does not need to be in congress, that's ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        Fuggem fuggin cheaters.
        I agree 100%. If you're going to be a pro athelete they should make drug testing mandatory for EVERYONE. If you don't like it.....McD's is hiring biotch.

I'm just tired of seeing the stupidity. Kind of like a judge letting a person continue to have a license after multiple drinking and driving offenses. It's just stupid!
        Last edited by MikeStrat; 02-13-2008, 10:57 PM.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Thing is that pro sports all are exempt from anti-trust laws (which is why the spygate thing in the NFL is getting congress breathing down their neck). So they have to abide by all sorts of stuff to keep their exemption.

Also, games are shown on FCC regulated airwaves, and if its marketed as pro sports, it can't have any kind of "cheating" or "rigging".

At least thats what I understand of it.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            Why don't you fucks worry about the budget, the economy or I know..the WAR!!! Baseball does not need to be in congress, that's ignorant.
            Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
              Thing is that pro sports all are exempt from anti-trust laws
              There is the first thing that needs to be investigated by congress, right after the war, and just why we should bail out retards that thought the economy would grow forever while buying houses they couldn't afford today to flip tomorrow.

The gov't is financing all my Californian neighbors that flipped their ARM/0 down/0 interest homes so they could buy three houses in my neighborhood and live off the rent - driving my value up (which is not a good thing if you plan to live in a house and pay the taxes each year).

Lest you think I dislike Californians, you are wrong, only ones that aren't in California and tell you how much better things are there every day while I watch the fallout from their pyramid scheme unfold and I get the bill in 2009.

Where is the rant on/off button
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Pro sports should be run like all other forms of entertainment. Use all the special effects at your disposal. Drugs, cork-filled bats, kneecap-busting bodyguards... whatever!
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                  Pro sports should be run like all other forms of entertainment. Use all the special effects at your disposal. Drugs, cork-filled bats, kneecap-busting bodyguards... whatever!
                  Thanks Mr. McMahon! I think people feel that is the way the UFC will go with Vince's involvement, but the rise of UFC is IMO from folks that don't like the campiness and fakeness of Pro Wrestling.

They tried the XFL, that didn't fly, but it wasn't "real" because of the wrestling ties maybe?
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

One of my favorite sports moments was the first scene in the movie The Last Boyscout. See, if football was really like that, I'd watch!
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                      You can't embarrass a player who has really done nothing wrong. Juicin is wrong. Clemens has outrightly been accused. He has to answer for that. That doesn't mean he's wrong, means he need to answer his accusers. NOW...if it's proven he's juiced..he needs to be tossed and any records he's set need to be erased. Same for McGwire, Sosa, Bonds..etc...if you played the game with an advantage over everyone else, your "records" don't count.

I'm not sayin Clemens is guilty, not at all. But if you have someone saying he SHOT HIM UP with the HGH etc..then we need to check it out. Although no matter how you look at it..any sport shouldn't be policed by CONGRESS..hello..that's a bit much. Why don't you fucks worry about the budget, the economy or I know..the WAR!!! Baseball does not need to be in congress, that's ignorant.
                      Yes, definitely ignorant. However, you've a group of people who are relatively ineffectual at their actual jobs, so they're looking for something to in some way show the public and that demonstrates "Yes, we really do stuff here!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvOaO4f_m38

Comment

That video is awesome

Comment

After seeing that video, I don't know if I should laugh or scream. There are just so many things in life that people take seriously that are really just a big fuggin joke.

Comment

I was glued to the T.V., it's a joke. Single one out of hundreds. Hey Congress, Govt., etc. pay attention to the bigger threats going on in this world like North Korea, the Nuclear Kmart, and , uh, oh yeah, the war. Gadzooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                            X