lead tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lead tone

This is just some noodling I did using the Bogner Ectasy model on my Veta w/ a little reverb. It still needs some tweaking but It's really responsive. It may not be a dead on accurate model, but I really like the tone.
    http://www.ventt.com/audio/vetta/XTC.mp3

M

Re: lead tone

Sounds great! You're playing is awesome.

[ May 19, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: rEs ]
    I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Thanks rEs! BTW this is a Vetta http://www.line6.com/products.asp?ID...1&item=53&tp=0
      [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

M

Comment

I gotta get my sweeping back together--that sounded fun. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I was just listening to 'Alive in an Ultra World' today--that's all Bogner, right? Like you said, yours is not...exactly...the same. Pretty good, though.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Nice playing!!! Tone sounds nice for lead too!

Comment

great chops!
            nice tone to really clean sounding distortion [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Not bad for a Line6...damn good playing, too.

Comment

Hey Matt your like a kid in a candy store with that Vetta arent you. Just about any Tone and effect at your command. I like that XTC model alot. And great chops as well. I bet your sleeping a lot less these days with the Vetta within arms reach. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I just hope my POD xt upgrade includes some more of the Vetta features and models. But I am still in awe of what the XT can produce. And man if I had the Vetta well lets just say I would lose another girlfriend because there just wouldnt be room for the both of them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Ric

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh yeah Ric, I've definately been losing sleep. There is soooooo much you can do w/ this thing it's crazy! It's not for everyone, but I'm digging it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the cool props guys! I'm sure I'll have other nonsense to post soon.

M

Comment

Matt

Great post. Nice combination of taste and speed . Excellent sweeps there too!

Now share with a forum brother the road you took to those tasty sweeps. What is a ood way to improve arpegio playing. Do you know of a good primer? I ask because that was very clean well played and it is something I would like to get better at.

Kevin
                    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Pete started to post a Sweeping Primer ages ago, starting 2 string mini-sweeps and then up to 3 strings, but it only got to the second instalment and fizzled out. Shame about that.

One word to sum up Matt's playing. Tasty! *slurp* I've found I don't like a lot of fast players slower playing (their vibrato often oscillates as quickly as their picking - superfast picking=good, superfast vibrato=bad. IMHO, and because they don't practice playing slow, little things like bending to pitch can be off), but your ability to tastefully combine slower licks and a sweeet wide vibrato, and then turn on the buuuurrrrrn, keeps me d/ling everything you post. I enjoy aspects of so many players around here, but you've got that "complete package" thing going on that reminds of good ol' Gary Moore. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

hey, at the start of that clip, it sounds like you're still "tweaking". Can't you keep your hand off it long enough to tear off a single mp3? It's like: play a lick, reach for a knob, play another lick, reach for a knob, before you finally dive into it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[edit]grammar check!

[ May 21, 2003, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Kevin, thank you. My sweeps are actually pretty rusty. If you looking for good instructional stuff on sweeping look for anything by Frank Gambale. I think I may still have one of his books, I'll look for it. That and a metronome set to a realistic speed at the begining are good start.

Gary... I'm speechless. Thank you as well. And you caught me on the tweaking thing [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

M

Comment

Excellent tone and playing as always Matt!

Comment

This MP3 Section is excellent. I am constantly inspired to play. This whole forum is so full of information I am glad the MP3 section is at the bottom. I start at the top, get to the bottom, plug in and play.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                            X