Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Alright, went out and got me a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, so I can record. I have a BOSS ME-33 that I want to use because it has a line out on it(think thats what you need to record) and then i plug that into my mic in on the back of my computer. I downloaded the demo of cool edit pro, and figured out how to make some noise, the only problem is that its so quiet I can barely hear anything with the volume on the track cranked to 24(max), my guitar volume all the way up and the volume on my Me-33 all the way up. Then I changed it around so that my me-33 went into the line in on my comp, then nosound. switched back no sound??? Even when I did get sound i would have strum open chords really hard to hear naything, and i had a distorsion on on my ME-33 but I just heard clean... There is also two out put options on my ME-33 a left that says mono underneath and a right which i was using right f that has anything to do with it>??? HELP! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Help!

Hi, what kind of PC are you using? If you have windows, make sure you have your "line-in" volume up and not muted in the Multimedia settings in your "control Panel" folder. If you have the little speaker icon in your system tray by the clock in the lower right hand side of your "desktop", then right click on it and choose "open Volume Controls" then go up to Options menu and check the "advanced Controls" option and look for your Line in volume slider. Make sure the little white muted box is NOT checked. If it is, uncheck it. And yes, use the line out on your boss unit.
    Hope this helps.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

somewhere in your settings for volume control in windows is a check box for microphone boost....

Try it
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

DO NOT USE THE MIC IN! That thing's about 5 times as amplified as the Line In, and you can seriously overload it.

Use the Line In of your PC, check your Volume Control properties (Advanced Properties, then select the Recording options). Set your Line In volume to about 9 (almost max) and set your BOSS's output to where you're getting a good sound without clipping/peaking/distorting.

Run from the Left/Mono out of the BOSS unless you are running Stereo effects, in which case you probably don't have a Stereo Line In on the PC, so that would bump it down to Mono anyway. You never know, though, give it a try with an adapter that converts two 1/8" or two 1/4" down to one 1/8" Stereo plug (Tip/Ring/Sleeve).

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thmcx guys yeah it was my line in volume.

Comment

Ok so i put up all the line in volumes, and i still get no sound, im using the demo of cool edit pro adn when i press record the two green lines at the bottome of the screen just bounce a little bit when i play, so im guessing it not even reading my sound at all. I press the little red R so that i select the track i want to record on and press record and play and nuthin!?
            What am I doing wrong here???? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] They should have something like recording for dummies! this is [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

I haven't messed with Cool Edit, but you might have to point it towards your soundcard so that it can hear your ME-33.

So when you when into the Volume Control panel, you made sure went into Options - Properties and check that "Line In" was selected under the Recording selection, and NOT muted under the Playback selection?

I can get a sound out of my PC speakers when I plug my AX1500G into the line-in, and I don't presently have ANY recording software on my PC. You should be able to at least make a decent noise once you're hooked up, even if you're having trouble recording it. My PC occasionally gets to be my practice amp.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Ok, I see what the problem is - in the Multitrack mode, right? Don't click Play when you turn on the Record button, hit Record (square one with the red dot). The only track that will record will be the one that you enabled recording on (little red square).

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

LOL, no I'm not that stupid. I press the record button not the green play one. I'm still having trouble figuring this out, im computer iliterate, lol.

[ May 21, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Jon ]

Comment

Working...
                  X