my first mp3..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first mp3..

Ok in a little while Rodrigo should be posting an .mp3 of mine.. thanks man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Basically this is the first thing I recorded since I got this cakewalk stuff.. its nothing special, ignore the crackling too lol, I didn't really know what I was doing at the time. Hope you enjoy!

Re: my first mp3..

Lev #1

Comment

I am sooo fouck1ng blown away!... this is the type of stuff I enjoy listening to... absolutely fantastic!... sigh...

Hey, If you give me the whole cakewalk project I can remix and get rid of the digital clipping... I mean it is a pity that is there... or, go to the mix view and take down anything you see going red!... I think in this case it might be the main mix.

[ May 12, 2003, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

ok thanks man.. I actually tried that, but I must have missed something.. I thought it was the post-recording effects doing that. I'll mess around with it right now.

oh yeah thanks a lot for the comments.. glad you like it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ May 12, 2003, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

Excellent! Some of the cleanest playing I've heard here yet. Keep it up!

That backing track reminds me of "Blue Collar Man" from Styx. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Lev, ok, lets get this straight!... you post procesed your recording and did not make a backup of the original files?... please go and bang your head on the wall five times for me... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, my advice is try to stay away from post-processing as much as possible... get the sound you want and then record... adjust the levels from the mix view when you have all the files running together... that's about all you should do... post-processing should only be done when there was a serious deficiency in the recording chain... that's not your case... your original sound was most likely really good!...

Next time:

1) Make a copy of the project before processing
            2) Try to avoid post-processing but if you do it, then go slowly and use the audition option before applying the thing to the whole file...

just my 2 cents...

[ May 12, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

hey Rodrigo I have the .wrk file for it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll go ahead and said it right away, I didn't know you asked for it lol. Its most likely the effects doing it, because I keep cutting the dB's down and it doesn't help, oh well, next time I'll do it better.

Thanks Khabibissell [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I haven't heard that song, I'll have to check it out..

Comment

I liked that. Even though you've got some shred happening in there, it had this cool 70s classic rock vibe. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] glad you enjoyed, I'm actually straying away from shred and going for more melody these days..

Comment

very cool! you're a great player, no doubt about it. post some more already! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

totally rockin' !

thanks for posting

nan

Comment

Wow great chops man!
                        Keep it up man and post some more [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I hear a lot of Rhoads influence.

Great job! I love it! This is some cool stuff [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, when he sent the mp3 to me I was about to send it back... I was like WTF?... that's not you!... then I noticed the little clipping and that gave the file some credibility!... I love this kids' playing style!... I am still traumatized... I will some day post again when I recover... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

whoa [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] you guys rule [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X