Satch inspired wank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satch inspired wank

This is one take, totally improvised, and my first attempt at digital recording. If I had spent the time, I would have written coherent melodies and occasionally stopped for a breath, but this is just noodling.

I have no excuse, for the crappy playing--it's what I do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tick-tock

edit: fixed the levels

[ May 12, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: ElectricPhase ]
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Re: Satch inspired wank

Sounded good to me. Kind of soothing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . What kind of gear were you using?

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPhase:

I have no excuse, however, for the crappy playing--it's what I do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tick-tock
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know what your talking about, I think you sound great! I'm not kiddin either. I like it!
      [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

the tone is very good and the playing is too...

The mix could be redone to bring the lead guitar to the front... curently it is buried behind everything... that is probably the only thing I would do to the whole thing... i.e. crank up the lead track by +6 dB!...

Ah, and, like I always say.. there is not much we can tell you to improve if you dont say exaclty what was the signal chain...

Very impressive in general...

[ May 10, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Geez--what was I thinking. I finally played this thing back in an mp3 player, and the levels were so low I almost couldn't hear it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'ts fixed now.

Thanks for the kind words. 350, I've been spending too much time putting my kids to bed. Everything comes out a lullaby. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll make sure my next submission is headbanger tested and approved.

Gear used: Charvel pre-pro -&gt; POD 2.0 Soldano model completely dry -&gt; sound card -&gt; Sonar with a bunch of soft-synths for the rest of the instruments. I'm pretty happy with the sound considering it's a first try.

Comment

very cool, would like to hear the version with more coherent melodies you hinted at doing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...way cool backing track thee too...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

E.P. soothing wasn't a bad thing at all. I liked it!

Matt

Comment

I think you play very well and your phrasing is excellent as well. With the guitar pushed in front as Rodrigo suggested this would be a even better gem. Great work man and not bad for a first home Digital recording.

Ric

[ May 10, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

wow i heard some cool licks ! keep it up man

listen to rodrigo and crank the lead up man [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  looking forward to your new take

Comment

In the beginning I thought was hearing some Satch Meets Santana type stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sounds great!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

that was really cool. I was waiting for Leonard Cohen to start singing the whole time. (that's a good thing)

nan

Comment

Thanks again for all the positive comments! I never expected that. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Since so many people told me to push the guitar out front, I tried some post processing to do that. It should have been as simple as moving a slider, but my inexperience with the software bit me in the ass. Somehow, I managed to print the backing instruments onto the same track as the guitar when I recorded [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ...so the only way was to clone the track and boost the mids on the clone. I also applied some light reverb to the whole thing so it sounds a bit more like everything is in the same room. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If anyone still cares, let me know if it's an improvement.

Comment

hey man that was great.. nice and chill.. the whole time I just wanted to sit back and blaze haha [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] very clean playing too..

Comment

Sounded nice! Good job! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Keep it up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                            X