EVH-ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH-ish

Definately the VH vibe and close to. What gear did you use for this track? So hows life after Ventt treating you? That cd you sent me is still in my top 30 home rotation. Keep me posted bro

Ric

Re: EVH-ish

Hey Ric, I used my GMW direct into my Roland VS 1680 studio. I ran it thru a old Marshall model w/ a phaser, tape echo model and reverb.

Things are going well I'm doing some different stuff now and maybe a cover band on the horizon just for fun.

Comment

That sounded really cool! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

EVH-ish

I was getting a pretty cool Eddie vibe going direct into my studio so I went with it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It's rough, but it has a cool vibe. Check it.
        http://www.ventt.com/audio/EVHish.mp3

Comment

Kick ass man. That was awesome.

Pete
          www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Thats great

Keep posting... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Your tone sounds pretty close to eddie's to me. Nice work there!! Keep it up, I'de love to hear more clips with that tone!!

Comment

Matt

For those of us that are not equipment savy..

" ran it thru a old Marshall model w/ a phaser, tape echo model and reverb."

Not the real things but modelers??? Like a pod or similar or you used a marshall?

Kevin

Comment

Many thanks guys!

Kevin- I guess I was pretty vague. (btw,I'm not really equiptment savy either. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) My Roland studio has a wide assortment of effects and amp/speaker cab models built into two effects cards. For some reason some people think these models aren't very usable...I disagree. It's like any other modeler or effects processor it needs major tweaking. Is it a screaming tube amp w/ holy grail tone? No, but it's still pretty cool. No I didn't use a Marshall or any outboard gear, just went direct into my studio. All models and effects were from the studio effects cards. That's why I love this thing. You can put on headphones and still get usable tones.

Anyone who uses a Roland studio who's interested I'd be happy to disect the tone for ya. Anyone else about the best I could do is tell you the phaser setting and what-not but it probably wouldn't help too much.

Comment

sweeeeet!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks Matt

I am clearing years of rust off my fingers and have been playing the eruption solo and I'm the one recently. I use a ibanez practice amp and would NEVER post an MP3 recorded thru it.

Those modelers sound great.

When ypu say sound card or card what do you mean??

Kevin

Comment

This particular recorder accepts two "cards" which are actually effcts processors. They are sold seperate from the recorder and run around $250.00 each. Each one has two independant processors on it which gives me 4 processors to use. On this EVH patch I used a Marshall model,phaser,tape echo and reverb. I've got another EVH mp3 I'll post soon.

BTW you've got the BEST signature I've seen on the board. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ May 05, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Supercharged 350 ]

Comment

Thanks Matt

That modeler sounds great, have you tried others?

Thanks for the comment re my sig... I wish I learned that lesson earlier in life...

Comment

Actually I have. It has 2 Marshall models, a Soldano, a 5150 and one they just call metal which is total high gain. It also has a Jazz chorus and a few tweed and blackface models too. I've been playing my Strat alot with a cool Stevie Ray kinda thing going on. Maybe I'll post some of that next.

Comment

Nice man!!! i like your tone to

Comment

Working...
                              X