Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah!

Hey guys i finally wrote a own song

the last solo is done in one take and is totally improvised so it might be a little sloppy

here it is:

http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001/Termination.mp3

Let me now what you think of it

Re: Yeah!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    awsome! really nice playing and lead tone....i dont like the rythm tone, its a bit muddy..
    and the flutes are funny [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice!

I like your playing. Almost a middle eastern feel. I think of Aladdin if he listened to metal.

DRH

Comment

Hehe thanks guys [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

DRH, cool that you find the song eastern sounding, that's what i tried to do in this song

Comment

Thats cool, very nice playing. The rhythm tone is a bit muddy though. Other than that very nice

Comment

that's funny and cute...

you gotta tell your technical info for the recording though... that explains things usually...

[ April 23, 2003, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Thanks for the comments dudes, i need to tweak the rythym sound a little more to get it less muddy, i'm quit pleased with the lead tone tough [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ok here it goes rodrigo:

guitar:charvel model 4
              souncard: soundblaster live
              amp (modeler): v-amp 2
              recording program: Cool edit pro 2.0
              drums: steinberg b.box

the flutes at the beginning are jazz flute samples

Comment

Excellent work. The trem work is very satrianish, the song is very tasteful, Congrats.

Comment

Hey alexi thanks for the comment man

cool that you enjoyed the song [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

hey dude, that's pretty damn sweet! really cool song man, nice playing. Glad to see that charvel sounds as great as it looks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks dude ! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

yeah man i love the charvel model4 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

This is a REALLY great song! Please make it into an epic!!

-i suggest repeating the dive bomb throughout the song and make it part of the pre-chorus or lead, it could be a theme. Great stuff. Wow.

-the Rhythm guitar sound interferes with the lead sound

-great playing throughout, I think the reverse-gated reverb is VERY effective on this song!!

-dude, why is the guitar 180 degrees out of phase?
                        I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Shak.. I was re-listening to this and I like it better now than I did before... I think it is a nice piece of work on the make...

However, I think you need either a little mixer or a better sound card or both... I can hear a lot of digital clipping... I think you can probably run again through your mix, normalize the drums and then work the levels of the other tracks from there...

[ May 10, 2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

I was reminded of the days of larger than life guitars via 80's. Great Egyptian type feel also ala Egypt(The Chains are on). Nice Lead tone as well. A very good piece in my opinion thanks for sharing with the forum. I look forward too more
                            in the future.

Ric

Comment

Hey guys thanks for your kind words and your great advices!

My compu speakers are blowing when i'm playing heavy ryhtym parts [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] very annoying..
                              The drums are cut/ paste and they don't flow to much (i looped them bad i guess [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

@rEs i don't understand that phasing thing? (my English isn't to good [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

I'll record the song again, now with some new ideas and hopefully better ryhtym tone and better drums

Comment

Working...
                              X