Free Backing Tracks - updated 4-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Backing Tracks - updated 4-28

Ok guys, here's the deal. List some bands/songs you want backing tracks for (bass/drums/etc) and I'll get the Guitar Pro file from Mysongbook.com (if they have one for that song) and I'll run it through my QSR to get it sounding "not-so-MIDI" and post it here as an mp3, then you can do your guitar work on top of it.
    Note: some of the Guitar Pro files are incomplete, and may only have one guitar and no drums or bass or whatever, so if it ain't there, there's nothing I can do about it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Any requests? They've got all kinds of crap.

****** READ THIS FIRST *******

This section has been added as the thread developed so that new visitors don't have to read the whole thread to see the "rules":

Go to www.mysongbook.com and browse the Artists or by Genre to find what you are looking for. Since some of them don't have ratings (and the fact I may not have heard the song) I'd appreciate it if you listened to the different versions at the site and tell me which one is closest to perfect as far as notes, timing, and patterns etc, that way I'll know which ones are right and how it should sound.
    If it doesn't have a drum track, I will not put one on it.
    I'm just converting them from MIDI drums/keys/bass to a more suitable sample format through an Alesis QSR, not programming the tracks.
    If you want only drums and no bass or keyboards (i.e. you will play those parts yourself) then please specify that.
    Some of the files have drums but do not have the drum icon next to it (such as one of the Dream Theater-Erotomania files). This is why you must listen to it and tell me which one (if there are more than one file) you feel is more accurate. I will not make drastic corrections to these files - if they're wrong, contact the author or fix it yourself. If it's something minor such as a stray note here and there, I can fix that if I'm familiar with the song, but if it's a note in every bar that has to be removed/repaired, uh-uh -email the author about that.

I certainly don't mind doing this, but I'm not going to devote all my free time to it in regards to searching through the listings or correcting them, as there are also things I'd like to record myself, so the more quickly I can get you your files, the better for all of us.

Newc

[ April 30, 2003, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Free Backing Tracks - updated 4-28

Paul Gilbert - Scarified

Without the guitar track if possible. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: Also, Liberty by Steve Vai.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 21, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Hehehe, thanks a lot man! I have a feeling this has to do with that thread where I and a few people were complaining about ****ty sounding drums! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Metallica - Sanitarium
      Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
      Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name

I don't know how long this takes you so I just put them in order of which I'm more looking for, so if you get too many requests, that first one is my most wanted [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey thanks a lot man, this is really cool of you doing this, I don't know too many people who would do this kind of thing for total strangers! You Rock! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

White Lion - Wait
        White Lion - Tell me
        White Lion - Little Fighter
        Dream Theater - Surrounded
        Dream Theater - Pull me under
        Dream Theater - Take the time
        Dream Theater - Erotomania
        Eric Johnson - Trademark
        Eric Johnson - Zap
        Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
        Celine Dion- Just Kidding
        Andy Timmons - Electric Gypsy
        Andy Timmons - There are no words
        Creed - My Sacrifice (yes, I like this song!)
        Helloween - Eagle fly free
        Opeth - Deliverance
        Loudness - Soldier of fortune
        Iron Maiden - Somewhere in time
        Iron Maiden - The evil that men do
        Metallica - I suck big time
        Pink floyd - Coming back to life
        Nickelback - I should not exist
        Steve Lukather - Merry Xmas

Was that too much?... I dreamt away, sorry.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

"Stay away from the crack, kids. it's bad for you"
          [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ April 21, 2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: eet_fuk_81 ]

Comment

Ok, cool. I got the ones they had, but only if they had drums and/or bass - makes no sense to have a backing track if there's no rhythm [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm also getting more into the QSR's programming stuff to get better sounds - can't help it, I'm anal [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It'll take me a few days to get em posted. I'm doing one from each person's list so everybody gets one at the same time.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hey Newc.. I forgot to add..

Dream Theater - Overture 1928
              Dream Theater - Strange Deja Vu
              Dream Theater - Through My Words

and...

Dream Theater - Fatal Tragedy

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

go there and browse the Artists or by Genre
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BTW, I spent a lot of time (granted I'm on DSL, but still...) looking for things that were not there, or that only had guitar tracks. If the song you want does not have a drum and/or bass icon, don't list it, please, because I won't download it unless it can be used as a backing track (i.e. drums and bass which you will put the guitar tracks over). The less time I spend hunting through the Cookie-fest that is that site, the more time I can spend converting these things to suitable tracks.
                Thanks

Newc

Comment

You are definately a saint Newc!
                  "St. Newc" [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Please refer to me henceforth as "Your A$$Holiness" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

yeah, Newc is cool... I like his mp3's a lot... they are funny...

Comment

Keep in mind I haven't hear any Helloween in years. I have this album on vinyl, but not CD, so I can't say how accurate it is.
                        Eagle Fly Free:
                        http://autumn-frost.com/baktrax/Eagl...-bassdrums.mp3
                        The keyboard part had patch changes in it that confused my QSR. It couldn't make the changes fast enough to keep up so I left that part out. It does have the trumpet part.

Same here. I haven't checked it against the CD.
                        Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
                        http://autumn-frost.com/baktrax/Sani...-bassdrums.mp3
                        Whoever did this one didn't inlcude the very beginning where the timing is more freestyle, they jumped straight into the part where it becomes steady.

Never heard it. I know it's a spoof of Mr Scary, that's it.
                        Scarified:
                        http://autumn-frost.com/baktrax/Scarified-bassdrums.mp3
                        It took 10 tries but I finally got a decent bass and drum sound (The QSR was set up with a Rap Snare, a Piccolo, and some other gay crap snare as default - took forever to change em all).

Newc

Comment

oh my god.. that is nice... I will play on your name man!.... Helloween rules!... thanx

Comment

tallica :

http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001/Metallica - Enter Sandman (Backing Track).mp3

copy paste this one in your browser

[ April 23, 2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Shakeel ]

Comment

Working...
                            X