RG 3120 CLIPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG 3120 CLIPS

Ok guys, here it is.. my RG 3120 into my Carvin Legacy. At the end of every clip I added an echo type effect with my recording program I was using.

Here's a sound clip using the Bridge pickup, the Tone Zone. It's basically just tapping/wanking. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tone Zone Clip

Here's a sound clip using the Neck pickup, the PAF Pro. Just some shred type stuff [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] lol

PAF Pro Clip

Finally, here's a sound clip of the RG 3120 using the clean channel of the Legacy. I'm using the neck pickup, but it is split giving it that John Petrucci type clean tone.

RG 3120 using Clean channel

I hope you enjoyed me screwing up a lot! LOL

All done with a cheapo computer mic right up against the cab. Tell me if it's too loud or too quiet.. I'm using ear phones right now.. I need to buy new speakers.. lol [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Tell me what you think.

[ April 20, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Re: RG 3120 CLIPS

Everything sounds good to my hear!!
    I really like the clean sound with the harmonic's!

Comment

Sounds pretty good Word. Arent you glad I told you about the guitar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Good stuff Word. Your technique has improved so much since I first heard you play over the phone almost a year ago.

One thing I must say (and this is just my humble personal opinion) is that I would like to hear more emotional phrasing throughout your shred stuff. It's obvious that you can shred with the best of 'em, but if you were to incorporate more feel and soul (long, drawn-out bends/vibratos, etc.) into those shredding leads then I really think you would stand a chance of being one of the shred gods in a few more years. Not that you don't stand a chance of that already... you little rascal! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Love ya dude,
          Annah

Comment

Aww thanks, Annah!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'll certainly remember that.

Comment

Sounds good man keep it up. Nice tones too.
              And yeah what Annah said.
              Gil

Comment

Thanks, Gil. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds good! How do ya like the RG? Told ya they were bad ass!

Comment

Nice stuff Word.

IMO...I think it would be cool to hear Word and Dumpy collaborate on something! Dumpy could lay down some of his super tight rhythm and Word could throw down his monster leads. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] And visa versa too. You both have demonstrated great ability in both areas.

Seriously guys. It would be cool to see what you two young guns could whip up! Just IM the files back and forth till you get something. What do ya think?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , but i thought you didn't like Jimi hendrix, or blues, but the first clean bit could of come off axis bold as love? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool shredding! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

It would be cool to hear a full song if you've written any, Im sure you could come up with something really nice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

hmm i don't like the tone at all but i think that is because of the cheap mic you are using
                          You can play fast but it's sloppy

Comment

Thanks Guys!

I love this guitar.. it plays extremley well and it looks stunning. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Yeah, Dave.. I'm sure we could do something.. I talk to him on MSN a lot.

Suck My Kiss.. actually I had no idea it sounded anything Hendrix related LOL.. I was just messin' around.

Anders, I haven't really recorded anything full yet, but if I can get my stupid drum machine to work.. LOL..

Shakeel [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] If I were going to make it absolutley perfect I would have tried. It's not like I was presenting it to the Pope. Your playing isn't pristine either, so clean up your own house before you begin telling me what to do with mine.

Comment

geez, Word. Ease up a little. If we can only comment on each others playing - good, bad or otherwise - after we've achieved perfection ourselves, then I won't be able to praise or suggest improvement for anyone here! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X