• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said............ BITE ME!

Ready for another taste???

PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT LYRICS AND SEXUAL CONNOTATION

BITE ME

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Annah

[ April 13, 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Annah ]

Re: I said............ BITE ME!

This is my first time ever listening to one of your songs Annah, so this should be a treat ^.^

*listening*
    o.O oh wow lol. That ur RR? awesome tone ^.^ That's some insane guitar work there! Kinda reminds me of a kazoo, mixed with a keyboard, or a synth or something. lol Dad caught me listening to it and wants me to play it again. He says it kicks ass.

Great job! sounded like fun! How many guitar tracks did you use?

Comment

Did your dad hear the part where there was no music and all talking? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Great job Annah, that's the best, weirdest, and coolest guitar work I've heard you do yet. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Just make sure you cut it out!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

nnnnnnnope, is that a bit after? cuz i was downloading all of her other stuff, and checking that out too lol. ^.^ I wana have the skill to play that kinda stuff someday!

Comment

I am offended by that and think that the admins should remove that link immediately [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          j/k very cool track....
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

It's a cool track, but you always play those kind of cliche rythym guitar riffs.. try something different
            i love your lead sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well atleast she knows when to "not" play lead lol. That's a problem i find with most guitarists. They just can't stop adding their own little accents or some crap like that. Sometimes ya just gotta play rythm ^.^

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. There are a number of things that I don't really like about this particular song, actually. There's not really any kind of flow to it, for one thing. And, I think it's just too choppy and directionless.

Shakeel: Are you referring to those rhythm parts that have no lead in them or the rhythm parts in general? I really do appreciate you saying that... it's helping me to think about that aspect in a different way.

My personal writing has been evolving in a way that is becoming apparent to me now. My rhythm style is not changing much, while I'm stretching to make my lead tracks as unorthodox as I can, within the confines of the music. Although I do have a few whack rhythms here and there, I guess.

Thoughout the past year or more that I've been on this board and posting my music, I have found the feedback from you guys invaluable because it gets me thinking about music and my own style of writing in new ways. I appreciate that tremendously. You don't get that kind of feedback from your friends... not that I wouldn't consider you guys my friends... I'm sure you know what I mean.

Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Annah

Comment

I think the rythym riffs under the leads doesn't matter so much it's more the main rythym, try to make riffs (rythym) that just blows you away, create something really new and try to develop your true own style
                  I know it's hard cuz i almost never succeed with making my own unique rythym riffs to [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] but if you'll succeed the taste will be sweet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

rockin'. cool. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Well i enjoyed it ^.^ I hope to hear more from ya n stuff! I do admit that the rythm you use is pretty used, but u know what? I love that stuff lol.

Comment

That's cool! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Good work, keep it up! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anders
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] WOW! That was ripping cool! I have to tell ya I wasn't expecting that. I'm house sitting at my buds place and he had the speakers cranked! You are one twisted chick! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

To some extent I agree with Shakeel, but then you have to realize that all the great rhythm progressions have been written, and all any of us can do is copy them [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, regarding Annah's statement about solos getting more and more unorthodox - I think this is where a lot of good songs go bad; trying to make the solo that doesn't fit, fit! I've always leaned toward melodic solos, and have tried to develop my personal style to focus more on melody than scalar rigity, but to also include the scalar phrasings (arpeggios, fast scalar runs, etc) so you get the "melody within the melody" thing going on. While everyone is of course free to pursue their own style, it doens't hurt to remember that some of the best solos ever written were both technical AND melodic.

Anyhoo, there's no substitute for good rhythm playing - where would AC/DC be without Malcolm? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW regarding the track, I'm assuming that was the cat biting you? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X