Me playing a little Satriani tune...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me playing a little Satriani tune...

I finally got around to recording something to post here, I chose to record Always With
    Me, Always With You. I used my SL2H and my V-Amp 2 through a Soundblaster Live.

Download it here! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: Me playing a little Satriani tune...

midi backing track hehe
    Nice tone sounds cool! few mistakes tough.. but you've done very well keep it up [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow if thats the first take you've done great [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

hey that's pretty cool. you got a great tone, whatever you did. nice playing. i didn't hear any mistakes myself.

Comment

Great job!!!! Especially for a first take!!

One thing I noticed however... is that it didn't flow. Satriani is a groove-type player and his playing just flows and flows. Your version was slightly choppy. I think one thing that had to do with that is that it sounds like you need to work slightly on pick control.

Some of the bends were out of tune as well... but that's not a big deal either.

I notice the little things that need work.. overall it sounds wonderful! Really amazing for a first take!

Comment

I thought that sounded pretty darned good. It is very difficult to recreate the nuances of someone else's playing style, but I'd say you pulled it off very nicely. Especially for a 1st take!!

Great Satch tone on that also, Nice Job!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

It's alittle choppy, but sounds pretty good!
              Nice work!!

Comment

Great job man! Love that song.

Comment

Thanks Shakeel! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, midi backing tracks rules! Hehe... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And there are some mistakes in it... but I'm sick today, and I didn't wanna do a million retakes... so I decided that the first take would have to do. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Thanks alot guys! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I really appreciate your kind comments! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Word: Yeah, you're right about it being choppy, I didn't think about it before... but now I realize exactly what you mean. Gotta work on that! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

sounded great.. i'd go with what word said too, and work on vibrato, a lot of those out of tune bends can be disquised with some tasty vibrato [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

just a little stiff, have to hit that groove, otherwise great.

Dave

Comment

Anders,

I thought it sounded great. Fire that up in a bar band, and 99/100 would love it. The only person who wouldn't is that one dick who thinks he can play, that stands in the front with his arms crossed, looking at you like you just dicked his girlfriend. (Am I venting here?)

Comment

Thanks alot terrax and redmanjj! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Haha, keep venting.. it's good to do that sometimes! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Dude, anders that rocks. I love it. I wish I could play like that
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Wow Anders...that's wicked awesome. Congratulations on a great recording. I understand how it sounds faintly choppy, only in comparison to Satriani's style, though. I agree, that is a great tune, that most anyone would like, regardless.

Cheers,
                              Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X