• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown

bye link

[ March 29, 2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: markpb ]

Re: unknown

Hey i really liked that one. Its kinda like a jazzy mellow shred (kinda like a hotel california vibe) Sorry but my description probably doesnt do it justice [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Tell me how you get that tone, like the amp your running it through and effects

Comment

How do I get that sound?? heh heh, it's an SL1 through a Crate Gx15(yes, the pathetic little solid state practice amp for $50)high tech eh? the effects are all just part of the cakewalk program, which i learned about here at the forum. i'm in the middle of trying to figure out how it works, so i'm just recording progressions and posting them for fun. if you want to goof around with that type of stuff, the progression i used was (in order) (roughly) Cm...Cm(maj7)...Cm7..
      ..F7...Fm7...Bb13...Ebmaj7...G7...Cm...Cm(maj7)
      ...Cm7...F7...E7..Db(dim)(two positions)...G7..
      ...G#7...Cm...Fm6...Cm...G7...Cm...Am7b5...
      ...Cm7b5...G7...Cm..use C minor, C harmonic minor
      and C jazz melodic minor (harmonic minor with a #6) in various combos if you want that kind of vibe, it kinda fun.

Comment

hey thats pretty cool!!

I'm still working on soloing over chord changes but I can't get those really nice lines you were playing! good stuff!!

[ March 07, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: eet_fuk_81 ]

Comment

thanx, dude, for the kind words. see now i feel bad; i listened to your fade to black last week, thoroughly enjoyed it (nice chops) and was too f**king lazy to type a reply. oh well i won't let good playing go unpraised in the future! [img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X