Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dance Of The Wandering Bard" RE-RECORDED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dance Of The Wandering Bard" RE-RECORDED!!!

Okay, so I re-recorded one of my originals, and the quality this time was a lot better. Acoustic guitar is now punchy and clear, and the melody line is redone using flute, and an octave higher. Actually, it's a flute simulator on my Boss GT-6, but tweaked a little for my taste! See which of the two versions you like better:

"Dance Of The Wandering Bard" version 2

"Dance Of The Wandering Bard" old version

This new one didn't nearly take me as long to record as the one last time. I'm veryhappy with the results, and the flute sounds wicked.

Re: "Dance Of The Wandering Bard" RE-RECORDED!!!

Sounds real good, I like it. If you're taking suggestions, I think that the flute sounded cool but It would sound way cooler if it was more pronounced and had a little more bite to it, with less slurring if you know what I mean. ...also a little medieval-type percussion wouldn't hurt. Nice job though, it's a welcome break from pentatonic noodling.

[ February 19, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: IRM ]

Comment

i too thought it was cool, but for some reason i kept waiting for it to go into a heavy metal part(?) kinda like the riff to diary of a madman...cool celtic vibe though...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Not to come off sounding like Simon from American Idol as it takes time and guts to post on here for critique. I like the concept... but the one of the guys is right.. the flute/recorder tone is ok..but I think it still has some margin for more improvement, maybe it should have more prescence to it. You got alot of room for improv there.. you should go dl some Jethro Tull and give Ian a listen to cop some ideas for sounds, inspiration and such.

[ February 20, 2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Working...
        X